This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Impact Screen Fabric Directly from Mill

As a cost sensitive person attempting to build a high quality simulator, I realized purchasing the correct impact screen is critical to both the simulator's overall performance and it's price tag. It should be affordable, durable, seamless, impact resistant, have minimal bounce back, low noise, and display HD quality images.

West Coast Netting, Par2Pro, Foresight, Carl's Place and others listed in various forum threads all sell screens but none actually manufacture them. Buying second hand increases cost and my goal to buy the highest quality materials at the best possible price can only be accomplished by purchasing direct from the mill that manufacturers the fabric.

After plenty of research I found the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen fabric for Foresight, Carl's Place and others. The mills highest quality impact screen fabric is a heavyweight knit polyester sold only in 120 inch x 40 yard rolls. The raw material costs $56/yard without shipping.

40 yards is clearly too much material for my simulator so I'm looking to get a group of us on the forum to split a roll.

Please advise any interest or questions.

• Hey I haven’t heard so far of any advantage to installing additional material. The fabric is double sided and heavy already. For those wondering about the next round. My toddler son just drew a big green circle on my screen and even though it was washable marker fabric is thick and really soaks up that ”washable” ink well haha. So I’m gonna install the screen I got from the newest run and see what I think. Maybe this will give enough time for you guys to get your last one installed and give some feedback. If all good we go for it again.

Comment

• Kmurray
      Kmurray commented
      Editing a comment
      Daniel
      Ouch....sorry to hear about your toddlers graffiti art......!!!
      I have had my screen up for a few months now and it is holding up well, it still looks like new, no signs of wear whatsoever.
      My screen is backed with a net and then 2 x archery weave screens on top of the net so it is well supported. I would definitely be up for another screen as a spare.

• DougieMn
      DougieMn commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome.....keep us posted so we can get in line for orders.

• I'm in the market for a 10x10 ft. Is there any sort of list? What's the price? Can anyone pm me some details?

Comment

• At least it was only a screen. When my kids were toddlers, we bought a new minivan and the second day they started drawing on it with rocks. Got em back though, the first two kids had to drive the next minivan as their first car. Very cool when you're a teenager to drive an old beater minivan.
      Originally posted by dbgolf72 View Post
      Hey I haven’t heard so far of any advantage to installing additional material. The fabric is double sided and heavy already. For those wondering about the next round. My toddler son just drew a big green circle on my screen and even though it was washable marker fabric is thick and really soaks up that ”washable” ink well haha. So I’m gonna install the screen I got from the newest run and see what I think. Maybe this will give enough time for you guys to get your last one installed and give some feedback. If all good we go for it again.

Comment

• dbgolf72
        dbgolf72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha great story. Drawing on it with rocks though wow that must have been frustrating to say the least

• I figured out that the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen is located in Milltown, NJ (dbgolf72 got the screen there last time I believe). Anyone in this group lives close by and like to be a volunteer here?
      By the way, anyone knows where the Carl's Place impact screen is made from (the mill actually manufactures them)? Their screen seems having better quality and I would like to compare the price as well. Thank you!

Comment

• Phoenix01
        Phoenix01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I must have missed dbgolf's new post. That is great. I will just wait then. Again, I need to order the screen 12' x 9'.
        Thank you, FaultyClubs. Special THANKS to dbgolf for your kindness and hard work!

• hotshot22
        hotshot22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow Milltown nj no kidding.. I grew up a town over and now live only 20 25 minutes away. Can you share the details? I might be able to coordinate something

• Mgaou33
        Mgaou33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Been in the market for a high quality screen. I've notice carls place is one of the go to names for a good impact screen. This material that is direct from the mill (if compared to carls place) is it considered preferred or premium material if compared to Carl's?

• Are you saying that Carls is better quality than the last two runs of the direct from mill screen?
      Originally posted by Phoenix01 View Post
      I figured out that the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen is located in Milltown, NJ (dbgolf72 got the screen there last time I believe). Anyone in this group lives close by and like to be a volunteer here?
      By the way, anyone knows where the Carl's Place impact screen is made from (the mill actually manufactures them)? Their screen seems having better quality and I would like to compare the price as well. Thank you!

Comment

• Phoenix01
        Phoenix01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know for sure, but by looking at the pictures, the Carls' screen seems more white, shining and thicker. We got a lot of happy customers in this group on Carls'. It does not hurt if we can compare ....

• I am very interested in placing an order for the next batch.

Comment

• I would be up to buy another screen if there is another batch order.
        My courses:
        Aldeen
        Butler National
        Cantigny
        Canyata
        Cog Hill #4
        Harbor Shores
        Harborside
        Naperville Country Club
        Prairie Landing
        Rich Harvest Farms
        Ruffled Feathers
        Shoreacres

Comment

• I am shopping for one right now.. so should I hold off until there is another batch? I am not in a hurry and just at the price comparison right now. Was actually thinking just build with an archery baffle for now and upgrade to a screen when time/budget allowed? But for sure wanting to get at least the hitting area built and using soon.

Comment

• wbond
            wbond commented
            Editing a comment
            You can get archery netting from westcoastnetting. I think its PR20 if I remember correctly

• Burtgolf
            Burtgolf commented
            Editing a comment
            wbond I have checked the WestCoastNetting and on theirs and its $273 for a 12x9 raw edge ($15 cut charge). The Flaghouse one is $150 for a 10x20 but no clue on the quality. Hard for me to justify the difference when its eventually going to be behind the impact screen (Carls Standard is $199 unfinished). I am almost to the point of just getting the Dynamax 10x15 for $60 and your Harbor Freight mesh tarp for side and overhead protection for now just to get going in the build.

• Kmurray
            Kmurray commented
            Editing a comment
            I am in the UK and got my archery netting from here.https://collinsnets.co.uk

• Count me in on the next run. What do I need to do to make sure I'm in?

Comment

• I wouldnt mind getting in on the next mill screen order also...

Comment

• Hey Guys,
              I read the first 2 pages of this thread then skipped to the end. It sounds like the first batch went well? what was cost to you for a screen?
              Im interested if there is a second batch.

Comment

• I'm interested in a screen as well. I would like a 16:9 ratio.

Comment

• I was on the list in 2018 and must have missed the notification of an order. Is there any way I can get priority on the list for the next order as others in this thread have done? Thanks for your amazing contribution here.

Comment

• Im in if and when.

Comment

• Just to add in case you need to know if there is a demand, if ordering another batch I would definitely be in.

Comment

Working...
                      X