Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

I'm in the process of building my golf sim and have been using old mats from when I was a Golf Course Superintendent. I'm a 50 year old with a 10 handicap with the old system...if that matters. I've also got a wrist that is so bad that when the doctors look at my MRI, they all say...wow, that's impressive since it's so bad. So yes, I need all the cushioning I can get if I want to hit a couple hundred balls at a time off a mat and live to tell about it.

I purchased a CCE mat after reading about it here on this site and ordered through Costco for $450. Then I went to my old club where I was the Super....and they bought new mats which changed everything for me. They were so good that the next day I called the Pro to ask what he purchased. It's the Quattro Mat from Wittek Eagle One....a company I used to buy things from so I was familiar with them. Top notch products for sure.

So I ordered one and will be returning my CCE mat back even before I try to compare. I paid $399 for the Wittek Quattro plus another $100 for shipping. Next day after I ordered (ouch), they went on sale for $325. Get yours now.

Just thought I'd throw this post out there for others that are old and have pain like I do so that there is a solution...the Quarrto!

Play well.
    Last edited by Ducati07; 01-06-2020, 07:09 PM.

Originally posted by JayJo13 View Post
    That's good news, sirish19. I definitely want a mat that peanalizes fat shots. Thanks for your review. I ordered mine on May 7th and it is scheduled to arrive on May 19th. Pretty decent turnaround from China to Canada. Looking forward to it.
    that's great, I am sure you will get it any day. I was even getting text message updates from FedEx.
    Japan
    ZOZO Championships
    Olympic Country Club - Lake Tsuburada, Japan (L)
    Tama Hills Golf Course, Japan (LiDAR)
    Kasumigaseki Country Club East (LiDAR)
    Narashino CC - King (L)
    Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
    Taiheiyo Club Gotemba West - Japan (L)

US
    Torrey Pines North Course - L
    Torrey Pines South Course - L
    Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
    Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
    Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
    The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
    Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL

Others:
    Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

Originally posted by JayJo13 View Post
      That's good news, sirish19. I definitely want a mat that peanalizes fat shots. Thanks for your review. I ordered mine on May 7th and it is scheduled to arrive on May 19th. Pretty decent turnaround from China to Canada. Looking forward to it.
      Also, I am quite sure that this is probably more realistic to actual grass in terms of penalizing fat shots. I was getting way better numbers than I generally see IRL with the other mat. That was with really solid shots though. I think this mat will train me to hit solid shot on actual grass. I hope so anyway.
      Japan
      ZOZO Championships
      Olympic Country Club - Lake Tsuburada, Japan (L)
      Tama Hills Golf Course, Japan (LiDAR)
      Kasumigaseki Country Club East (LiDAR)
      Narashino CC - King (L)
      Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
      Taiheiyo Club Gotemba West - Japan (L)

US
      Torrey Pines North Course - L
      Torrey Pines South Course - L
      Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
      Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
      Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
      The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
      Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL

Others:
      Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

I received my YGT3D mat yesterday. I'm impressed with the quality and it's thicker than I thought. I hit some iron shots and it feels really good. I'll provide a full review once I've used it for a few weeks but first impressions are good.

Comment

• steve51523
          steve51523 commented
          Editing a comment
          How thick is the YGT3D?

Sorry so much to follow! I am just now starting my sim, so I dont a mat at all. You guys are talking about a strip. Is that to put in a different mat? Can I just order the 5x5 section and call it good? Am I missing something Sorry.. like I said... I am new to this. Also... has anyone had this pad match height with other turf so it can be a seamless look from the pad to the putting area? Hope that makes sense! This almost seems too good to be true. $350ish for this mat... or $1200 that I was about to spend on the Fiberbuilt one! Whats the catch! ha!
        Last edited by borntofly1982; 05-27-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• JayJo13
          JayJo13 commented
          Editing a comment
          For me, I already had a 4'x5' stance mat from D.W. Quail Golf so the 18"X4' YGT3D strip sits beside it. I had to raise my stance mat so they are the same height. The idea being your stance mat doesn't have to be that expensive but you should get a decent hitting mat. You could also inset a hitting strip inside your stance mat by cutting out a piece.

Ideally just one mat would be the best but I was trying to save some money. My stance and hitting mat together was about $234.

• DS12
          DS12 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think most people ordered the strip from a Chinese company because it was significantly cheaper than the Quattro mat and that company won't ship a 5x5 due to extreme shipping costs. If you're just starting, then the 5x5 Quattro from Wittek Golf looks to be a good mat.

• borntofly1982
          borntofly1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome thank you! That makes sense!!

I purchased the full 5x5 Quattro Mat from Wittek golf. Still waiting for my Mevo+ to arrive, but have been hitting on it into my enclosure for the past month and think it's a great mat. No complaints at all. Seems easy on the joints, and I can also tell when I've hit the shot fat. I'll find out a lot more once my LM arrives, but so far I think the mat is solid. I was also in the same boat as you and about to purchase a $1000 dollar Fiberbuilt until I stumbled upon this thread. I figured that worst case I could purchase this and if I hated it could probably sell it on here for close to what I paid for it and get another mat if needs be.

What I like about the mat so far is the portability of it. It's about 45 pounds, but way easier to put away than a Fiberbuilt mat would have been.
        It's not as tall as a Fiberbuilt mat which is good news in my case because I have 3/4 inch EVA puzzle foam with putting turf on top of that which comes out to the exact height as the Quattro mat
        It does not leave marks on the bottom of your clubs

What I don't care for:
        It has two holes for tee holders all around vs one tee holder hole. Probably not a big deal, but for me I would have preferred just a single hole.

Other than that I think it's an excellent mat. I don't find the mat too squishy to stand on. It's plenty firm and I'm 6' tall and about 180lbs. I would have to agree with all of the other positive posts that are written about this mat. It's a great mat that will last for lots of years before you would need to replace it. It saved me $500 bucks or more, so that is money that I plan on spending towards building a gaming PC or investing into purchasing simulator software like TCG 2019 or E6 Connect. Bottom line I don't think you can go wrong with this choice. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200510_115635.jpg
Views:	3360
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	271859

Picture is before I put down the EVA puzzle flooring, so I'll have to get you an updated pic, but with the floor down it's all level with the mat.

Comment

• tcb121
          tcb121 commented
          Editing a comment
          The puzzle foam is easy to cut and shape. Here is what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The tee can be moved to any location. Here is the tee that you see in the picture:

I ordered the 1.5" tee and it's a perfect fit. This rubber tee can accept plastic or wood regular tees and it works great. Seems to hold up well so far. In my testing I've broken a few wooden tees and also broke a plastic tee, but the rubber tee base shows no signs or wear so far.

The foam is great and works perfect to level the mat out with the putting mat. The putting mat is is about 7/16 thick, so not quite half an inch and it levels out really well with the mat. The Quattro mat is roughly 1.25 inches tall. The nice thing about the 3/4/ inch puzzle foam and putting surface it it just clears the back EMT frame so no need to worry about having a ball hit off of the bottom of the enclosure.

My setup is also portable, so I needed flooring and a putting surface that I could easily pack away if needs be and this all just works as planned. I cut the EVA foam to be an exact fit and it gives me a consistent distance to the screen. When the Mevo+ arrives I plan on adding a surface to the back of the mat to keep a level surface for the Mevo+ to sit on and this will also make it easy to have an exact 8' distance to the ball as well. Will make setup and teardown that much easier to work with.

• borntofly1982
          borntofly1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thank you so much!

• arl16
          arl16 commented
          Editing a comment
          tcb121 - What putting surface did you buy? I think I'm going to do the same thing. Looks great!

I am also in process of building an indoor simulator and came across this discussion. I was surprised not to find any discussion on the 5 Star Gorilla Perfect Reaction Golf Mat 4x5 for $290 at 5 Star Golf. Anyone with any experience?

Comment

Did everyone's Quattro from Wittek come folded in half? Did it eventually lose the big crease in the middle?

Comment

Yes it was folded in half. Can't tell the crease is there from the green side.

Comment

• soupy
              soupy commented
              Editing a comment
              mine shows on top to. hope it goes away

What is the actual height of the Quattro mat. I see it says in the spec its 1 1/4” tall, but it looks much higher in the picture. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• It is pretty much 1 1/4 as I just measured it.

Comment

• Thanks to all your posts. I am building my first system and just purchased the Quattro.

Comment

• Hello there. If you want to save money on freight, we stock Quattros, Mega mats and few other mats at our Elk Grove location in IL (300 Bond Street), warehouse is open Monday to Friday (7am to 7 pm), 4 sales guys here are always happy to help.

Comment

• Also we have 17 Magstrike Hitting Inserts (for Magstrike mat) in stock, closing out these and will not carry any longer.
                    Last edited by Wittek Golf; 06-30-2020, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Wittek Golf
                      Wittek Golf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Magstrike inserts are gone

• Who do I contact specifically at Wittek? I have been told twice you do not have the hitting inserts. I purchased the magstrike from you and just want another hitting insert or 2 for backup.
                    Originally posted by Wittek Golf View Post
                    Also we have 17 Magstrike Hitting Inserts (for Magstrike mat) in stock, closing out these and will not carry any longer.

Comment

• tcb121 thanks for the links, just wondering
                    The putting mat is is about 7/16 thick,
                    Which putting mat did you buy, how much was it, and what stimp? I'm looking to complete my flooring with a low cost putting mat that is fairly strong and will last a while, as it will be permanent. I've been wondering about padding underneath and the EVA Puzzle Foam looks like just the trick, as I want something that has some 'give to it', that doesn't feel like a hardwood floor (actually I'm laying all this down on underlayment set down over 2x4 studs which will allow me to cut in putting cups, so I can drop in my ProTee sensor... the trick is to get the exact right height so that when I am standing on the putting EVA Puzzle foam/putting turf/Quattro mat that I am exactly level with the Fiberbuilt mat surface that is on top of the ProTee Sensor - which I'm going to hit off of. The whole sensor (with the Fiberbuilt mat on top if it measures: 2 7/8" tall).

The other option is that I do not purchase a Quattro mat and just hit off the putting turf? I suppose that could work as well, and leave a 'cleaner look' as but possibly a little less 'give' in the surface when swinging.

Comment

Working...
                    X