Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @orkie (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - WGC-FedEx St. Jude!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship Tournament with 3 rounds at Pine Valley (Protee Blue Tees): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hip#post281617
See more
See less

Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

I'm in the process of building my golf sim and have been using old mats from when I was a Golf Course Superintendent. I'm a 50 year old with a 10 handicap with the old system...if that matters. I've also got a wrist that is so bad that when the doctors look at my MRI, they all say...wow, that's impressive since it's so bad. So yes, I need all the cushioning I can get if I want to hit a couple hundred balls at a time off a mat and live to tell about it.

I purchased a CCE mat after reading about it here on this site and ordered through Costco for $450. Then I went to my old club where I was the Super....and they bought new mats which changed everything for me. They were so good that the next day I called the Pro to ask what he purchased. It's the Quattro Mat from Wittek Eagle One....a company I used to buy things from so I was familiar with them. Top notch products for sure.

So I ordered one and will be returning my CCE mat back even before I try to compare. I paid $399 for the Wittek Quattro plus another $100 for shipping. Next day after I ordered (ouch), they went on sale for $325. Get yours now.

Just thought I'd throw this post out there for others that are old and have pain like I do so that there is a solution...the Quarrto!

Play well.
    Last edited by Ducati07; 01-06-2020, 06:09 PM.

• Brettster i would not recommend hitting off the putting turf. I tried that on putting turf (which stumps out at 9) and note that it was tough on my wrists. I decided to give it a try, but it was pretty hard on the old body.

Comment

• Dax oh yes, I know that, what I was trying to explain is that I would use the putting turf as a stance mat by itself, and not have a separate stance mat sitting on top of it. I already know I will be hitting off of FiberBuilt, as that is covering the top of my ProTee sensor mat. So, once I get the flooring built out (by using 2x4's on their sides, it gives me 3.5-4.0" underneath that I can cut cups out of, and to 'embed' the ProTee swing sensor into, as that is quite thick by itself, and with the FiberBuilt mat already installed on top it it may already be as high as the floor itself... with the putting turf (and interlocking foam panels underneath it)

I'm wondering if I used the interlocking foam mats - underneath the entire floor, with putting turf over it, if that would feel natural enough for my stance, that I would not need an actual stance mat (and save myself $400), or if I need extra padding of a real Stance Mat, even though I know I'll be laying that down flush (next to) where the ProTee sensor mat is embedded in the flooring. So, I will never be actually swinging a club to hit off of putting turf, but I would be standing on putting turf with the foam interlocking tiles under it.

I'm sure there are others that do this - probably those with ProTee simulators? Can someone chime in on, if they still use a stance mat, or if they just stand on their putting turf to hit off of their ProTee sensor?

Thanks in advance,
      -Brett
      Last edited by Brettster; 07-02-2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• How thick is the YGT3D?

Comment

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, your hijacking every thread... you can comment directly underneath posts, like this ('Comment'), and that way you don't fill up an entire thread with your questions... Make sense?

• steve51523
          steve51523 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who cares Brettster

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, who cares about you steve51523 ? Not me...

• Originally posted by steve51523 View Post
        How thick is the YGT3D?
        Real thick.

Comment

• 2 inches? 1.5 inches?

Comment

• Update: Six months later and literally thousands upon thousands of shots. Zero signs of worn areas (except the plastic tees are bending). And it's not smashed down like many were concerned would happen....not yet anyway and I still don't see that happening any time soon.

Now it's time to find a turf for an outside putting green...a really big one.

Glad to see others are enjoying the Quattro as well!

Play well.

Comment

• bogey
              bogey commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the update!

• Originally posted by steve51523 View Post
            2 inches? 1.5 inches?
            4" inches I think

Comment

• gibbiesmalls
              gibbiesmalls commented
              Editing a comment
              All you had to do was going back 1 page, and you would have gotten your answer. This thread is 8 pages long, that question was asked and answered.

1 1/4"

• steve51523
              steve51523 commented
              Editing a comment
              that was the height of the quattro mat and not the YGT-3D hitting strip.

• gibbiesmalls
              gibbiesmalls commented
              Editing a comment
              Quattro, YGT-3D, Matsforfun, Golfingmats, HAL9000 Mats, -same mat, different names.

• I was planning on just doing hitting inserts recessed into the floor. YGT-3D were $75 and $100 for shipping for a 2x4. Is that my best option or Would you recommend something different?

Comment

• linkkingx
              linkkingx commented
              Editing a comment
              I was actually planning on ordering a couple of YGT inserts at 12" x 35". That is the same size as the fiberbuilt insert so theoretically I won't have to make any adjustments to the cutout in my turf if I want to switch.

• steve51523
              steve51523 commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve told me the inserts were 60cm by 120cm so basically 2x4.

Now thinking about this https://www.par2pro.com/shop/product...1uc786jj27mgd0

• linkkingx
              linkkingx commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah if I can't order that size custom I'd cut it to that anyway so I'll have the option to switch back and forth.

• I just started putting items together for a new sim room build and came across this thread. I ended up ordering the Quattro golf mat from Wittek based on previous posts and the OP. I’m glad I did so far. The company was awesome to deal with. They shipped quickly I received it next day (Chicago to Detroit). I want to mention too that this is one quality mat. The construction of the mat is excellent and standing on it feels very true to an nice fairway. Can’t wait to finish the room and start hitting some balls.

Comment

• 02bluesuperroo
              02bluesuperroo commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried to order yesterday from https://shop.purchasegreen.com/putti...-platinum.html, however they quoted me $360 just for shipping to south FL. I ordered from Wittek and it was around $80 for shipping. If you call them up, they might be able to give you a slight break on price as well. Highly recommend buying the Quattro mat from Wittek. Don't waste your time contacting the Chinese distributor unless you want just a hitting strip because they won't ship anything larger than that.

• Hey,

How is the Quattro Mat on carpet? Does it slip? I have berber carpet and the divot action mat slips.

thanks,

mark
            Last edited by demer007; 07-17-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Quattro works great on carpet. I got some scrap pieces of putting turf from a golf store near me and added 3/4 inch EVA foam mat and it is perfectly level with the mat. Here are some pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_153126.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	281796 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_153103.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	281797

Just waiting on the Mevo+ to arrive. Ordered April 17th and was told it will ship out to me during the week of August 10th.

Comment

Working...
              X