Holy Grail Hitting Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Grail Hitting Strip

I’ve seen it mentioned here in a few spots but I wanted to give my .02 on the insert from gunghogolf after getting it installed and putting through 100-200 swings.
    First off, the team there at gung-ho does a great job; from answering initial questions prior to purchase (skytrak) and follow through on the back end. They also shipped ahead of schedule which was a nice surprise.
    My original mat had a longer ply height resulting in lower than expected numbers when I first starting using the ST. At first I questioned the unit but was able to run it side by side with trackman to verify. This also gave me a chance to hit off a fiberbuilt insert. Launch numbers were comparable to irl but as a digger I couldn’t quite warm up to the feeling. ST and TM launch speeds and angles were nearly identical throughout the session so I was able to single out the mat as most likely culprit.
    I decided to give the Holy Grail Strip a try and so far I’m very pleased. Install was pretty straight forward, I haven’t stuck it down yet so I can’t speak on the adhesive.
    Ball/club interaction is good and so far seems to give very accurate results compared to the feeling of the swing whether fat/thin/push/pull.

Anybody else give it a try yet?

Thanks for the input, Im curious about this as well

Comment

Im curious, as I'm unsure what the actual height dimensions are of the product. I am going to be installing for a friend and I totally forgot about this product and now after seeing this post, feel like I'd like to give it a try on their install. It says 1", is it? Fiberbuilt is 1.75" and he says this perfectly fits in that application. Any clarification would be nice as the price point and the seller are both good in my eyes. GungHoGolf

Comment

I believe total height is 1-3/8”.

I used a 3/4” horse stall mat to build up my existing mat.

Comment

• SkeetShooter
          SkeetShooter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! That's helpful. I can easily build it up from there. Always easier to build up then go down.

Originally posted by SkeetShooter View Post
        Im curious, as I'm unsure what the actual height dimensions are of the product. I am going to be installing for a friend and I totally forgot about this product and now after seeing this post, feel like I'd like to give it a try on their install. It says 1", is it? Fiberbuilt is 1.75" and he says this perfectly fits in that application. Any clarification would be nice as the price point and the seller are both good in my eyes. GungHoGolf
        The Holy Grail is exactly 1 3/8" tall, including the 3/8" turf on top. It's meant to be inserted into a 1" subfloor with 3/8" turf on top (like our Money Putt turf). It also fits perfectly into Fiberbuilt mats to replace their strip (and is a better height and color match). We offer both 35" long versions (that match their 1x3' strip) and 46.5" long (that fits their larger studio mats).

More info at https://store.gunghogolf.com/Holy-Gr...rip-c113543171
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• Montytex
          Montytex commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Ron --- Does this piece work with TrueStrike dual stance? Par2Pro did not ship (or lost in transit) the Gel Insert section and I am looking for alternatives.. also, an alternative dealer in Canada (Ontario), if you know any

• GungHoGolf
          GungHoGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Montytex - measure the cutout in your TrueStrike mat (exact depth, length, and width), and email those dimensions to hello@gunghogolf.com along with a picture of the cutout. It's possible we could make you a custom-fit one.

• Montytex
          Montytex commented
          Editing a comment
          GungHoGolf -- will do, thanks!

Originally posted by Caroo220 View Post
        I’ve seen it mentioned here in a few spots but I wanted to give my .02 on the insert from gunghogolf after getting it installed and putting through 100-200 swings.
        First off, the team there at gung-ho does a great job; from answering initial questions prior to purchase (skytrak) and follow through on the back end. They also shipped ahead of schedule which was a nice surprise.
        My original mat had a longer ply height resulting in lower than expected numbers when I first starting using the ST. At first I questioned the unit but was able to run it side by side with trackman to verify. This also gave me a chance to hit off a fiberbuilt insert. Launch numbers were comparable to irl but as a digger I couldn’t quite warm up to the feeling. ST and TM launch speeds and angles were nearly identical throughout the session so I was able to single out the mat as most likely culprit.
        I decided to give the Holy Grail Strip a try and so far I’m very pleased. Install was pretty straight forward, I haven’t stuck it down yet so I can’t speak on the adhesive.
        Ball/club interaction is good and so far seems to give very accurate results compared to the feeling of the swing whether fat/thin/push/pull.

Anybody else give it a try yet?

Thanks for your review! Glad you like it so far. We've been installing them in our local Austin high-end studios for several months now, and everyone seems to like them a lot.
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Always on the quest….so my questions:

1) Appears to be an interpretation of the DivotAction. What have you done to differentiate from that insert?

2) Does the FB Studio version of your insert sag at all in the center? That’s a pretty long span. (46+ inches)

3) Do I understand correctly that the height is a match to the FB studio stance mat as a direct replacement for the original strip? Or is there build-up required where the strip goes?

My DivAct is getting long in the tooth….

Thanks, Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by 968Cab View Post
          Always on the quest….so my questions:

1) Appears to be an interpretation of the DivotAction. What have you done to differentiate from that insert?

2) Does the FB Studio version of your insert sag at all in the center? That’s a pretty long span. (46+ inches)

3) Do I understand correctly that the height is a match to the FB studio stance mat as a direct replacement for the original strip? Or is there build-up required where the strip goes?

My DivAct is getting long in the tooth….

Thanks, Ron!
          Thanks for your questions 968Cab ! Answers (as best I know, as I haven't seen a Divot Action in person):

1) Highest quality nylon (non-marking on clubs) turf on surface, with special adhesive process to keep it attached for a long life; optimized foam supports for proper flex/support in center, and full 2" velcro full-width at front and back to prevent popping up; optimized plastic material for proper flex and long life. Unconditional 12-mo guarantee.

2) No sag at all. There are 3 full-length foam supports in center. 46.5", no problem. You'll need to call our sales team for the 46.5" strip, don't have it on the site yet.

3) Height is a perfect match for FB studio mat to replace the FB grass hitting strip. Better color match than the original, as well.

Comment

• 968Cab
            968Cab commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the answers!! Foam supports (vs. metal spring clips) look like an improvement for sure, both for noise and sag. Can’t beat that guarantee!

I’ll give them a call soon…so much outdoor golf to be played right now! 😎

I have a Quattro mat, how would this fit into it? Would I need to cut out the dimensions to the floor for the correct height? I have been looking at this for a few weeks….
          thanks

Comment

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            You'd need to cut the mat, or adhere the Holy Grail to the floor beside the mat. I don't know the height of the Quattro - if it's taller than 1 3/8", you may need to build up a base with plywood below the Holy Grail after cutting the mat.

Thanks Ron, I’ll measure the mat and see what I would need to do.

Comment

Anybody else have experience with this? I've used pretty much every mat out there and I always come back to fiberbuilt. I really like how I can get this in the same size as the fiberbuilt insert so if it ends up being an issue I can always swap it out.

Comment

I just ordered one and will provide a review after a couple of uses

Comment

What do you use for a tee on the Holy Grail hitting strip?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbang2 View Post
                  What do you use for a tee on the Holy Grail hitting strip?
                  I’ve used birtees so far. They work great but the prices make me consider investing in a 3D printer.

The little ones seem to escape to unknowable places on me too.

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Attach the birtees to a teeclaw and you won't have to chase them around.

• Indyfish
                    Indyfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tomahawk NEO tees are great and more durable then the birtee, IMO

Ordered the long (46”) version today. I’ll have feedback next week sometime. Will go head to head with the Fiberbuilt strip, and the Divot Action “fairway” that I rotate now.

👍🏼

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                    GungHoGolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your order, and looking forward to your feedback!
                Working...
                X