GC2 Megaflash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Megaflash

I have a batch of flashes assembled, tested, and ready to go. I have worked with Tretee on the JNPG forum on this design. He is a very skilled engineer with extensive flash design experience and test equipment. Here are the highlights of the new design.
    1.) It will definitely work with serial numbers 4200 and above
    - This is the point when Foresight started shipping their newest driver circuit board. The new driver can handle more current than the old one. The Foresight Superflash requires the newest driver board because it uses a larger bulb that needs more current to flash. The Megaflash uses less current than a Superflash but more than the old style, so to be safe I am saying 4200 and above.
    - If you have a lower serial number and are interested in testing the Megaflash send me a PM for more info.
    2.) It comes with a 1 year warranty
    - If it stops working within the first year I will send you a new circuit board that goes inside the housing for free. Foresight's Superflash has a prorated 1 year warranty
    - I expect it to last several years in a personal-use setting.
    3.) The case has been designed to be reusable
    - It is 3D printed on a $200k industrial printer for the highest quality print that I could find. It has a matte texture but no visible layers or extrusions like personal printers
    - It has a glass infrared filter instead of a plastic one
    - The back can be removed to put a new circuit board in
    4.) It has a life expectancy on par with the Superflash.
    - During longevity testing, we were able to run a bulb for over 2 million flashes which equates to 200k shots.
    - Each flash is tested for brightness on a light meter that I built to be brighter than the old design for reliable readings
    5.) A complete module costs $150.
    - If you bought one of my other designs, I will give you $10 off a new one.
    - Please add $10 for shipping to the UK and understand that it will take about 2 weeks to arrive. I can ship faster but cost will go up significantly.
    6.) Additional circuit boards for inside will be $100/piece.
    - I am going to hold off on selling extra boards until I can get everyone who is interested a complete module

To purchase a flash, please send Paypal to gc2flash@gmail.com. Include your shipping address and forum username in the notes please. I will post when the first batch is gone. I have parts to build more so I will be replenishing my stock as they sell. If you have any questions, please post them below since other people may have the same question.
    Last edited by andygg1986; 01-02-2018, 04:16 AM.

Thanks Andy,
    Mine is an newer model, I think its about 18 months old, serial number is 11xxx so should be good for some time yet, saying that, at the moment, 100 shots a day is an understatement if I include chipping and putting :-)

Comment

Hey Andy. Need a flash. Do you UPS them also to Germany? Thanks. Max
      PS: Would you by any chance able to also replace a LED array in a failing HMT?

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Max, I ship with the US post office for international shipments because I don’t have a commercial account with anyone like UPS and it can get quite pricey. It usually takes about 2 weeks to get to Europe and the cost is $160 USD. For $175 I can ship international priority with takes closer to a week but can still take longer if it gets held up in customs. If you have a UPS account and want to send me a label we can work that out too via PM.

As far as the LEDs in an HMT, I haven’t looked into it. So far I have only heard of a couple of people needing this done so it doesn’t seem too common. Trying to match the specific LED that they use and designing a circuit board would take some time, and I would also need to make sure it can be replaced without messing up the camera calibration. If I start to hear more people needing this done, I can investigate it though.

Hey Andy. Paypal money was sent tonight. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it! I will send you a tracking number tomorrow. Thanks!

Andy,

I am interested in a flash unit. Do you have any available? Any issues shipping to Canada?

Just let me know total cost and I will paypal it to you soon.

I have a 7xxx serial so that should be no problem.

Comment

• andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I have them ready to go. I can ship to Canada with USPS for $160 and it usually takes 7-10 days. If you need it sooner, send me a message with your address and I can check how much it would be with Fedex or UPS with a faster delivery.

• Mrtheplague
        Mrtheplague commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending Paypal now. No rush...I still have a functioning Flash unit

• Mrtheplague
        Mrtheplague commented
        Editing a comment
        Having been using Andy's flash unit now for about 2 months - No issues. Thanks again!

Received my flash from Andy, works just fine, thank you!!

Comment

Hi Andy,

I post to an other thread but I am not if you read...so I re-post. My GC2 is starting missing spin read- I assume that this is coming from the flash. Do you have Mega Flash available for sale?
        Thanks
        David

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes David, I have some ready to go. You can send $150 to gc2flash@gmail.com and let me know in the PayPal notes where to ship it. If you have any other questions you can post them here or PM me.

• Dkcal
          Dkcal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Andy- I sent you a payPal of $150.

Andy, do you have flashes available?

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I have them ready to go and can ship you one on Monday

• Deuce
          Deuce commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Payment sent via PayPal.

So it’s $160 to get it to the UK?

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have switched to Fedex and UPS for international shipments because they are faster and more reliable than USPS. So now it’s $175 to Europe and $180 pretty much anywhere else in the world. Delivery has been taking 3-5 business days in most cases.

Kriangsak Yokpisutpong please check your inbox. Fedex is having trouble delivering your flash and needs to talk to you

Comment

Andy, do you have any of the flashes available right now?

Comment

• andygg1986
            andygg1986 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have three available right now. After those sell it may be a month or two before I get a chance to build some more. My wife is going to be having our third child soon so I will be busy for a little while.

• Ericft
            Ericft commented
            Editing a comment
            Payment sent. Thanks.

Do you have any available right now, just bought a used GC2 from a forum member and want to have a backup, not sure how much life is on the current.

Comment

• andygg1986
            andygg1986 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, see my comment above

• TheBigBobrowski
            TheBigBobrowski commented
            Editing a comment
            Sent Payment

Was going to order one but I decided to wait since my super flash is still working...rather have someone else that really needs it take it and I'll order once new ones are ready.
          Last edited by R3dlineR6; 06-27-2019, 06:29 PM. Reason: Cancel order

Comment

I just sold the last flash that I have assembled. It will likely be a month or two before I get a chance to build more. I have all the parts, just no time right now. If you need one, please hold off on sending payment. I will update this thread when I have more ready to go.

Comment

Andy I might be interested in purchasing a flash. When might you have more available?
              thanks

Comment

• andygg1986
                andygg1986 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have started assembling a new batch. I should be able to ship them out early this week.

• bath4golf
                bath4golf commented
                Editing a comment
                OK let me know when its available . . . my gc2 is really hit and miss right now with the flash not working for many shots so i assume i need a new flash module

bath4golf I’ve got a couple ready to go and can ship you one tomorrow if you can pay early in the day.

Comment

Working...
              X