This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 GSX & ProTee Inteface Setup for TGC and ProTee 2.0

Follow the steps below and in the next few post to initially connect your GC2 to GSX to ProTee Interface. Enjoy!

1: Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your pc's USB port using a USB extension cable. Run the cable into the sim room where the adapter will be as close to the GC2 as possible or within 6 ft of the GC2. After that, install the Bluetooth adapter driver that came in the package.

2: Turn on the GC2. From the right bottom corner of the Taskbar, click the up arrow to show all hidden icons. Select the Bluetooth icon and select Add Devices. See the screen shots below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmgsx1.jpg
Views:	13482
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	16783

Name:	rambo1.jpg
Views:	13248
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	16785

3: If your GC2 does not pair up automatically, click your GC2 device and select Pair. Then enter 0000 and click Next.

Name:	rambo2.jpg
Views:	12557
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	16786
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-25-2014, 11:32 PM.

Where do I look up the firmware version?
    My comment on distances: at the FSX driving range I would hit 220-230 with driver (not so young anymore) , but as I play in TGC it seems that 200 is nominal. What I need to do is get the ball speeds and spins to get an apples to apples comparison.... Soon maybe. When I get the time now I just want to play!

Comment

One other question... I was surprised that the hitting zone for my GC2T is so far away from the unit. I was expecting s foot, but I'm almost two feet, and about a 6"x6" box. When talking to foresight initially he seemed surprised also, but not concerned as long as it worked. It works but is awkward looking and I have to keep my ammo further away from the mat so the camera wouldn't pick them up

Comment

The firmware on the GC2 effects carry. I find 3.7 is short. 3.10 and 3.5 seems dead on. I don't know how to check but just load the firmware app and load it up. You can adjust carry in GSX settings.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Is there a specific version of TGC that is needed to work with a GC2? I noticed on Swingsense that they specifically say "This software is NOT compatible with Foresight GC2". Also, Skytrak is having a $99 rebate on TGC for forum members, but it said on that thread that version won't work with GC2 either.

Comment

To use a GC2 with TGC you need an interface called GSX. It comes with TGC.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

• andygg1986
              andygg1986 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know if GSX comes with all versions of TGC? I haven't actually found a seller who says it will work with GC2, and I imagine it would be hard to get a refund if it doesn't work when they say it isn't compatible. I know it can work because other people are using it, I just don't want to buy the wrong thing.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe that for legal reasons it unpromoted. When you buy TGC from swingsense, it comes with GSX. I'm not sure about from Skytrak.

Finally able to download TGC, GSX and Protee Interface with the help of Protee support, which are great to deal with as has been mentioned before. Followed the connection steps at the beginning of this thread. GC2 is paired, and Protee interface settings have been applied. In GSX "status output" remains disconnected. Also, when I first started TGC and come to the main dashboard, I am able to start the server, which allows me to start up the game, but the settings tab has a red "x" above it. Not finding the issue in this thread. Hoping for some guidance on this from the TGC veterans here. Thanks

Comment

• aeroburner
              aeroburner commented
              Editing a comment
              the settings will get an X when you start the server automatically you need to turn off the server to get the settings to go back to green

• leoapd
              leoapd commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay. That seems easy enough. The "status output" in GSX is still my hold-up now...remains disconnected. I see in the thread issues with "status input" being an issue with Bluetooth, but nothing on "status output"....any ideas?

Originally posted by leoapd View Post
            Okay. That seems easy enough. The "status output" in GSX is still my hold-up now...remains disconnected. I see in the thread issues with "status input" being an issue with Bluetooth, but nothing on "status output"....any ideas?
            First thing I would say is absolutely make sure you have the right COM selected for your computer. For me it was the opposite as the instructions here (3 was the right one for me)

Comment

My GC2 outgoing port in BT settings (COM3) matches in the GSX Serial Port (COM3)...Protee interface has TGC on, as well as in GSX. "Use external Data" is also on in ProTee Interface...I have restarted the interfaces and GC2, and the settings have saved, other than sliding the connect tab on....status input connects, but not output...

Comment

is your protee interface on when you are trying to start this up if its not you will never connect, my best solution for a quick fix is to contact protee support have them mobile connect and get you up and running we can go over this for an hour or more and they can have you fixed in 5 minutes.

Comment

• I start up GC2, make sure it is paired, then Protee Interface, check settings are good, then GSX, and do the same. Have you found that hitting shots on GC2 seems to help connections along? I dealt with ProTee earlier today, so I will just follow-up on the same ticket. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Stingreye
                    Stingreye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am feeling a third party firewall problem. Turn off whatever software firewall you have. The gsx input is the hard one. The output almost always connects. Since it uses tcp ip, I am thinking it's a software firewall preventing gsx from communicating with the protee interface.

• Stingreye
                    Stingreye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If it works with the firewall off, then ask protee to help with the firewall port settings.

• Stingreye
                    Stingreye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If it works with the firewall off, then ask protee to help with the firewall port settings.

• i agree mcafee is garbage and causes issue and leo you did get a new computer correct and windows 10 is notorious for causing issues when its never had tgc running

Comment

• Yes...new system with Windows 10. Came pre-installed with Webroot, which I quickly uninstalled. There is no other third party firewall software on this system...When I first got the GC2 I had used it with JNPG, and transferred JNPG from the temp machine to the new one, which also failed to originally connect with Webroot installed and disabled...had to be uninstalled to work. I will get with Protee and get it worked out.

Comment

• I just had the same issue yesterday and it ended up being that the computer suddenly didn't like that I opened GSX in "Run as Administrator" mode. When I just double clicked on it it worked. Never happened to me before, but probably some windows update thing.

Comment

• leoapd
                        leoapd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I tried that also, as I had an issue with the Protee Interface needing me to run as admin...still not working and have not had time to be avail for a Protee remote

• leoapd Did you try it with the windows firewall disabled? The only time I heard of GSX not connecting to Protee Interface it was a firewall issue.

Comment

• leoapd
                        leoapd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Disabling the Windows firewall had no affect either way. With GSX open, I hit a shot on GC2, and shot data registers, so GC2 is connected, but that is "status input" not "output" I believe. I have an open ticket with Protee, and sent them photos of my settings. I try and post those here as well. Thanks

• No I haven't. I have not been able to do anything with it since last night, but will try it. I was planning on getting Protee involved tonight, but I will try that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X