Full Swing Kit - New Launch Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Swing Kit - New Launch Monitor

Well, one of the big players is jumping into the consumer market for launch monitors. According to the webpage, Full Swing is releasing the “Kit” for $4k, and the reported metrics looks to include club pash and face angle at impact. The product page is light on details, but this looks to be the kind of product that could really disrupt Foresight’s hold on the midrange market.

• I have a difficult time thinking this device was originally geared towards the indoor sim user. As others have said Full Swing is already established in the high-end market where it charges premium prices. Tiger asked for an outdoor launch monitor so Full Swing jumped on it. Don’t most pro players on the range when warming up only care about ball speed, club speed, carry, and spin; measurements any decent radar should be able to capture outdoor? Tiger isn’t going to be using this device to work on swing mechanics with his coach. Tiger sells consumer goods even though he never drove a Buick to the golf course or drank Monster Energy before teeing off.

The average golfer who has no interest in home sim play will see Tiger on the range with this unit and might be very interested at the price point. It seems like it could be a great unit for a range rat where that market is much broader and easier to please than the home sim user where radar performance varies so much based on user environment.

Comment

• I’m brand new around here. I found this forum because of this thread, and I’ve read every reply.

Can I just say that this thread is amazing. It is great watching a guess from a member here turn into insider info, which then leads to rage as the company doesn’t live up to deadlines and features that it never made itself.

It’s like the old telephone game, where the message gets more and more distorted the longer you go.

Anyways, I’m still torn on this kit. I love the idea of a lm that works indoors and outdoors, with no dots required, is as accurate as TM, and costs a quarter of the price. I’m also having a real hard time believing it can deliver all of that.

Comment

• After diving fully in to the market and learning about all the options, I agree with the comments that a $4000 device with both club and ball data, with camera and radar, without stickers could be massively disruptive. Would really make a SkyTrak user consider the options. Frankly if it works, I would jump.

I don't have any experience with Full Swing except for this thread and this one where a user spent $90,000 and was very disappointed, particularly on the software side. No system is perfect, but the importance of software updates and compatibility is really important for Sim play and user experience. Even at the risk of not getting one for months because of no preorder, I'm not going to put money until they've shown they can deliver.... but I really really hope they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by hankydysplasia View Post
          I don't have any experience with Full Swing except for this thread and this one where a user spent $90,000 and was very disappointed, particularly on the software side. No system is perfect, but the importance of software updates and compatibility is really important for Sim play and user experience. Even at the risk of not getting one for months because of no preorder, I'm not going to put money until they've shown they can deliver.... but I really really hope they can.
          I had a pre-order, I cancelled said preorder because of that thread. Definitely do not trust that they will deliver at all. Also quite a few YouTube videos showing how disgruntled people are with their higher end monitors.

Comment

• Dax
            Dax commented
            Editing a comment
            There are now YouTube videos as well?

• brentflog
            brentflog commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a link to any youtube videos? I can’t find any

• Drew.StLouis
            Drew.StLouis commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry I meant of some of their other higher end products, not this kit.

• Here’s the info I got from the UK rep

How much space do I need for the launch monitor to the hitting mat then from hitting mat to the net/wall?
          How much total space do I need indoors/outdoors?
          We are still in final stages of verifying the optimal space required for best short-range pickup both indoors and outdoors.
          Currently, we are targeting the launch monitor to sit 7-9 feet behind the golfer, this is still being optimized for both data and video quality.

Will there be a free range software for club averages, combines etc.?
          We will have free services on our dedicated app that will be standard with purchase, additionally there will be tiered premium services and features.
          At this time, we are still in final development on pricing and feature set that will be offered.

Does this include club AND ball metrics? Do I need a secondary device for club data?
          What club and ball metrics will I get post-shot?
          With the Full Swing Kit, you will be able to get 15 points of data feedback after each shot, as well as swing 1080p HD Video Capture.
          1. Carry Distance
          2. Total Distance
          3. Side Carry
          4. Side Total
          5. Apex
          6. Launch Angle
          7. Horizontal Angle (Ball Direction)
          8. Attack Angle
          9. Club Speed
          10. Ball Speed
          11. Smash Factor
          12. Club Path
          13. Club Face
          14. Spin
          15. Spin Axis

Comment

• 3on3putt
            3on3putt commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder how many of those are calculated vs. measured.

• One thing that does have me curious is how they will measure spin. If we look back, TM has a patent that allows them to measure spin using radar that Flightscope if I recall correctly was also using and lost a battle in court about whether or not it was violating TM’s patent. Given this Flightscope had to go out and develop its own method for measuring spin, which I believe it did pretty successfully. I just wonder how many other ways there could be to allow for radar to measure spin? I think this one will be interesting to learn about as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dax View Post
            One thing that does have me curious is how they will measure spin. If we look back, TM has a patent that allows them to measure spin using radar that Flightscope if I recall correctly was also using and lost a battle in court about whether or not it was violating TM’s patent. Given this Flightscope had to go out and develop its own method for measuring spin, which I believe it did pretty successfully. I just wonder how many other ways there could be to allow for radar to measure spin? I think this one will be interesting to learn about as well.
            Dax do patents expire after a set time?

Comment

• SkeetShooter
              SkeetShooter commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they do. In fact interesting story, a long-deceased relative of mine patented the folding take out carton that you normally associate with Chinese take out, and that patent expired forever ago... I can't remember exactly when that patent was taken out, but i recall seeing follow-up patent taken out for renewal.

• Dax
              Dax commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they do, but I had thought the spin patent had a few years left on it. I can’t remember exactly, but thought it was 21 years for a patent.

• This is from Full Swing on how they plan to calculate and measure certain parameters

Comment

• I saw a video on Facebook of Rahm using what looks like a Kit last week at the Genesis! Here’s a pic from a 5 Sec video, I’m not the original poster just sharing,
              at least it’s good to see someone using it and hopefully won’t be long before we get some updates Click image for larger version

Name:	00821C77-6787-47BB-80C7-9F40001987A5.jpeg
Views:	2071
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	321168

Comment

• peterdbaldwin1
                peterdbaldwin1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks nice and neat. It doesn’t seem to be too far from the ball

• Anyone know of any more info on this in the last week?

Comment

• On another forum I saw that there should be more info coming May 1st. Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

• I'll believe that when I see it. I still have my $100 deposit down but this total radio silence from Fullswing and the noted issues the other member here had with their $90,000 system scares me. I would hate to invest the money in a device that may have issues and then seller basically abandons you.

Comment

• Man I hate these kinds of posts, but I tend to agree with above... Their timelines keep shifting and their lack of marketing materials or lack thereof is a bit concerning. I look at other manufacturers, Mevo+ launch and Uneekor Launches, and they were super informative and transparent. Even Ernest Sports, while their product generally has some issues, their marketing and information sharing is way better than FullSwing.

Crap, I mean, I feel like I have gotten more information about my CyberTruck pre-order than the FullSwing Kit... And that is saying a lot.

Comment

• Asked for an update this week and got the generic sales pitch/features with no concrete details or updated. Sent me an 18mb/5s video of John Rahm using it on the range...

I picked up an EyeXO and will be going that route instead.

Comment

• Something is coming and since they are going to use a radar they need to get it approved by the FCC.

Comment

Working...
                        X