Full Swing Kit - New Launch Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Swing Kit - New Launch Monitor

Well, one of the big players is jumping into the consumer market for launch monitors. According to the webpage, Full Swing is releasing the “Kit” for $4k, and the reported metrics looks to include club pash and face angle at impact. The product page is light on details, but this looks to be the kind of product that could really disrupt Foresight’s hold on the midrange market.

• For those who hadn’t heard:

Folks: I just heard from Ryan Dotters, the CEO at Full Swing and he's ready to hold the Zoom meeting we've been discussing for a while on Thursday at 10:30am Pacific Time (1:30pm EST). It will be open to the first 100 who register. I'm hoping we can get many questions answered and Ryan can bring us up to date about the new product and it's timeline. Another piece of good news is that Full Swing has some units coming very soon and a unit for evaluation and testing will be forthcoming. Here is the invite....better sign up fast: Hi Everyone,

This Zoom call with Harry will be capped at the first 100 people by Zoom, so register in advance to guarantee your spot.

When: Apr 22, 2021 10:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
    Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

----

Thanks,

Comment

• Will someone post notes on the call here?

Comment

• Meeting notes:
        • Big announcement coming May 25th (also thinks that will be the day where people can start paying and finalizing their orders)
        • Target ship date is late June to early July
        • Biggest problem with production is getting Bluetooth chips for the units
        • For indoor, 16-20ft total from screen to unit is optimal, minimum you could get away with is about 15ft
        • NO metallic dots or markings are required
        • Right out of the gate E6 will be the software with 2 packages, one with 15 courses and the other with all
        • There will be a free app that it will run off and will be compatible with Apple watch and AirPods
          • They have done testing with Phil where when he is hitting he just wanted to know ball speed so using those products it will allow for a call out
        • There will likely be a subscription of $99 per year for advanced range features
        • The announcement on May 25th will also include news about other software’s and partnerships, he said to think Tiger so this is my speculation (and hope): We will see all TGR Design courses available to play
        • Will initially be just IOS with PC connections coming within a year to year and a half
        • They are looking to get their own proprietary software out to use with it as well, but forthcoming
        • All 15 parameters will be posted on the page by Ryan soon

Comment

• Anansi
          Anansi commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much for the writeup. I'm glad to hear that FSG is still bringing this product to market, and I'm very curious about how it will perform indoors.

• Great write up. Any mention of the hd swing cameras and how that’s going to work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sixmudd View Post
          Great write up. Any mention of the hd swing cameras and how that’s going to work?
          He said camera is 4K, needs about 8 feet to see all of golfer. Nothing more than that

Comment

• How far from unit to ball? You mentioned distance from unit to screen, what is the desirable breakdown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noob20 View Post
              How far from unit to ball? You mentioned distance from unit to screen, what is the desirable breakdown?
              7’ minimum from ball to unit which means a minimum of 8’ of flight

Comment

• Cbstephenson13 thanks for the update! This sounds promising, I'm hopeful that this unit can replace my Mevo+.

How do people in this thread feel about the potential tech in this unit/ ball & club measurements v. Mevo+? I still feel like my Mevo+ wins the software comparison with the freedom to utilize tgc2019. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by khkyle86 View Post
                  Cbstephenson13 thanks for the update! This sounds promising, I'm hopeful that this unit can replace my Mevo+.

How do people in this thread feel about the potential tech in this unit/ ball & club measurements v. Mevo+? I still feel like my Mevo+ wins the software comparison with the freedom to utilize tgc2019. Thoughts?
                  TGC will be compatible with Kit but not at first. They are expecting to be open to all 3rd party softwares within the first year of launch

Comment

• Comparing between the Mevo+ and Fullswing's Kit as far as technology goes there really isn't much difference. The Kit seems to be an upgraded version of the Mevo+ (better camera, on unit display) but nothing game changing. They both operate utilizing continuous wave 24 GHz radar frequencies for most ball and club measurements. Fullswing's advantage is its ability to measure the golf ball the entire flight vs 40-50 yards because they also utilize frequency modulated continuous wave radar transmission which will improve down range measurements like carry and offline. I would expect both unit's indoor accuracy to be about the same though. Listening to the Zoom call Ryan admitted spin axis to be the hardest to get right and he didn't seem to confidant that they had it nailed down yet.

The difference is what Fullswing will allow users to see (club path, face angle, face to path). The Mevo+ has the technology to measure these and additional club data and I'm pretty sure it does with every swing but Flightscope has it hidden for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Noob20
                      Noob20 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      With this product release, do you think Mevo+ will "unlock" club path data in order to compete? Or at least offer it at an upgraded price?

• I'm interested but I'll wait and see what they hide behind that subscription pay wall before I consider the unit.

Edit: lousy phone keyboard
                    Last edited by bubbtubbs; 04-28-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Interesting email this morning from Full Swing Kit.

Some key questions addressed:

1) Outdoor placement - 9-10ft: for best readings and video recording
                      2) Indoor - 10ft behind, and minimum 10ft in front to ensure accurate recording....
                      3) Gameplay Software iOS tablet for gameplay using e6 Connect - more details coming on subscriptions and packages
                      4) Final shipping date - planning for end of June

Kind of disappointing that the distance is getting longer and longer, but I guess if the data is accurate, so be it. Will be slightly difficult to get 10ft of space in a driving range without using the walkway in the back of the mats/stalls.

I only found out about this LM 5 days ago, but did put down a $100 deposit and got an confirmation email right away. Planning to keep my deposit and see how it goes.

Here's the details for those that didn't get the email.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fullswing.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	331667
                      Last edited by atseng1; 04-28-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Email from FullSwing just came in... no doubt most on here will have had the same. Some FAQs below, plus a link to a preview video

Comment

• Unhappy that the distances keep climbing for indoor. Also don't love that they are not confirming the parameters they measure. To me its still too vague to be ready to pay the full price. We need more details on actual set up specs, measurements, and most importantly what the recurring costs will be and what will be received for those costs.

Comment

• Cbstephenson13
                            Cbstephenson13 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I just posted the 15 parameters they will be measuring. The CEO posted to the Facebook page this screenshot

• 10 ft ball to screen and 10 ft ball to unit is going to be tough for the majority of indoor setups. Would require a room 21' deep (need at least a foot of clearance behind screen). Not surprised by the ball to screen requirement, but the ball to unit requirement is 3' longer than other indoor radar monitors.
                          - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• Cbstephenson13
                            Cbstephenson13 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The indoor distance was specifically addressed in the call last with with the CEO. You can have as little as 15' total (7 from ball to unit and 8 from ball to screen). The reason they are saying 10 from ball to unit is so the 4K camera can pick up the entire swing for video. It does not need that to actually track

• 3on3putt
                            3on3putt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Cbstephenson13 -- that email says 10 feet "to ensure accurate readings as well as video recording." If what you're saying is true, they should have done a better job of making that clear in the email.

• Cbstephenson13
                            Cbstephenson13 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's what we were told last week on the call. Allegedly May 25th will be the day they do the big reveal and start releasing specifics.
                        Working...
                        X