GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSA Vistrak Beta Testing

We are getting close to releasing the Beta version of Vistrak. The final configuration and pricing is still subject to change. We are testing a few more lighting configurations and then we will be making a decision on the final single camera specs. Soon after the single camera Vistrak release, a floor mounted Vistrak launch monitor will be released for beta testing. I expect that the pricing for this unit will be close to the single camera overhead unit. And finally the CX surround Vistrak will be released. More information will be available next week.

If you are interested in GSA's Beta testing program please send me a private message with the following information.

Name, Forum user name, email address, your current simulator if any, what software you are currently using , computer specs, and whether you are interested in the ceiling model or the floor model.

FYI - I just got the tracking number from GSA for the Vistrak LX I ordered August 5.

Comment

• Burtgolf
      Burtgolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoping to get mine ordered soon. I went to order last week but was a problem with ordering it so Keither5150 is looking into it.

Which models did you order the floor or ceiling? Having a tough time deciding for sure which one I want but think I will just go for the floor model. Thanks!

• flightscoperick
      flightscoperick commented
      Editing a comment
      Went with the ceiling mount for left and right handed play

• Burtgolf
      Burtgolf commented
      Editing a comment
      flightscoperick thanks for that. I plan on doing the floor model as only need right hand for now. But the thought of ceiling mount and not having to move it each time I am setting up sounds great too as currently I set everything up and tear it back down when done except the screen which I just roll up (Sportscreen)

For those beta testers that are interested, I have started a Discord channel.In this channel we can post issues, and share ideas. Mike and I will be on the channel on daily basis. I will usually be on the channel early in the morning and in the evening. (MST) This channel is for testers only.....sorry. We need to concentrate on finding bugs and getting them taken care of. Martin is pretty good at putting out regular updates.

For your invite, email me at my GSA email address. I am not allowed to post this email???? Let me know your order # and which Vistrak system you purchased. On the channel, I will go through the procedure for reporting issues. The usual discord rules of conduct apply...… be nice and helpful.

Comment

• cmckelvmi
      cmckelvmi commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you occasionally update us on the TGC discord, please?

For those Beta testers that are using TGC/ TGC 2019 with another sim ( Skytrak, GC2) You won't be able to use TGC with two different sims at the same time. Protee will transfer the license if you wish. However, I am sure that they will frown upon switching it back and forth. You will be able to use Vistrak for club data once you are set up. It should be able to run in an extended desktop. This will need to be tested.

Comment

Maybe they could give some type of discount to purchase a second license for vistrak. That would help those who only need LH and RH sim occasionally and want to keep their current floor mounted device as the primary unit and use vistrak for the club data.

Waiting to see how the club data pans out for use with other systems.

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
      For those Beta testers that are using TGC/ TGC 2019 with another sim ( Skytrak, GC2) You won't be able to use TGC with two different sims at the same time. Protee will transfer the license if you wish. However, I am sure that they will frown upon switching it back and forth. You will be able to use Vistrak for club data once you are set up. It should be able to run in an extended desktop. This will need to be tested.

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have sent a message to Protee asking if they will provide a second code for TGC users. This will allow them to switch back and forth but not use both at the same time.

Here is a video of a few chips. Having issues with club speed but other than that, it works pretty well. Last update messed up my club speed. The joys of testing.

I will post a video with some mid irons tomorrow or Sunday.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. Thought you said in the video it was in LX mode that's why I was confused about the spin.
        Hows the estimated spin looking for you so far with the overhead?

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhhhh, I see. The estimated spin is as good as it was on the PX5. It's the same algorithms. I can hit fades or draws. There are still some issues that need to be worked out. For example, I found that if you hit off the heel, the club face is off by a bit. We have a plan to fix that. With solid club data spin calculations will be really good.

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it picking up vertical launch angle with it on the ceiling or using club selection and some club data to estimate launch angle?

keither5150 After viewing your video, is it picking up vertical launch angle with it on the ceiling or using club selection and some club data to estimate launch angle? Are clubs going to have to be marked?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Vcam hooked up, so LA is measured. Currently the ceiling unit does not pick up LA with a decent amount of accuracy. So your choices are to add a Vcam, Vcam B or to use ( user defined) LA based on club selection.

Since we have not tested every club on the market..... it is hard to say. Woods and drivers should be marked as they have a curved face. My wedges are different than my irons. For me.... both don't need to be marked. I am sure there is one guy out there with a flat black set of clubs. These flat black clubs have not been tested. Eventually the plan is to offer two modes.... no markings and markings on the top.
        Currently Vistrak does not support markings on the club..... that is on the to do list.

To save some money, used Vcams may be available for sale from current GSA owners. Most GSA users will be upgrading to Vistrak. These users will either set up their cameras in stereo and have all 3 cameras on the ceiling. Or they can sell one camera and move their other camera to the floor as a Vcam. Only cameras that are registered with GSA will work. More than a few GSA users have expressed the desire to move the Vistrak in LX mode and have an Hcam on the ceiling for greater HA accuracy. This option will be available soon.

Have you received it yet? Did you get just the single vistrak or something else? Looking for some feedback on the vistrak ceiling mounted unit.
      Originally posted by stevnkrn View Post
      FYI - I just got the tracking number from GSA for the Vistrak LX I ordered August 5.

Comment

• stevnkrn
        stevnkrn commented
        Editing a comment
        FedEx says it was delivered today. I am on vacation so I haven’t verified that yet though.

Any feedback yet from you guys who had your units shipped last week?

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
        JackedUpSwing commented
        Editing a comment
        Was sent a VisTrak LX instead of eagle. Which is fine it can still be used on the ceiling. The problem was the connection from the mount to the case was loose so it just dangled there so it was impossible to angle correctly on the ceiling.

Also ordered a spotlight(which I still haven’t received yet) and VisTrak LX HiRes( floor mounted for vertical and spin)

Ordered it August 1st and still basically have nothing. Very disappointed so far. Keith is working with me but Martin hasn’t been very helpful.

Items I’m still missing:

Spotlight
        VisTrak eagle( or LX with a non broken case)
        LX HiRes (vertical launch and spin add on for eagle)

Hoping this gets figured out soon.

HiRes just shipped yesterday

Absolutely unbelievable ...I've been away from the forum for close to 2 years and come back to find Martin still up to his old tricks. I hate to be negative, but this system will never work as advertised.

Martin is good at overpromising and under delivering. Just look at his history on this forum and Ottawa golf with victims including mlincoln, Vance, wigalo, Aja and myself just to name a few.

He has a history of selling systems promising all of the bells and whistles that flat never work as advertised. I'm amazed that in this day of readily available information, that he is still in business.

I applaud keifer's excitement, expertise and commitment, but even all of that is no match for Martin's ineptness and shady business practices.

Over the years, I wasted over $7,000 on his promises and junk, only to finally buy a GC2 and be amazed that this tech actually worked as advertised.

Am I bitter that Martin sold me a bunch of promises that turned out to be pipe dreams? ...absolutely, but I'm really posting this for those thinking of buying his product to be smart consumers, and search this and the Ottawa forums before committing to spend your money with him.
      Last edited by jolee; 08-28-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Wow, that actually took longer than expected. While it's definitely not good that your experience has not been stellar. You really can't include everyone in this blanket of darkness. When I first hooked up my GSA CX2 system. It worked but kept dropping one of the cameras on occasion. Martin said that the problem was on my end. Turns out that it was more of USB port issue with Windows. A couple of $25 USB cards fixed the issue. Anyone having problems with cameras.... on any system can benefit from installing a USB card for each camera. This ensures that no other devices fight for or share a port. Fast-forward……… Added a PX mat to my system for club data. Does it work perfect.... no... but probably 90% of the time the data is really good. Does the GC2 work perfect every time? No...it doesn't. I can't tell you how many times at the outdoor range, it showed me a right bias. ( showing 14+ degrees SA on shots that are straight) Most shots were good. Probably 85-90% of the shots were reasonable and within an acceptable variance. Overall the GC2 is a great product.

Vistrak has just left the Alpha stage and is entering the Beta stage. We have sold the first 20+ systems at close to cost. The hardware that has been chosen is good and pretty solid. The software is a work in progress. Martin has been churning out updates faster than you would expect from one guy. We have an ongoing list of things to fix for Martin. And for the past few months, he has been putting out a few updates a week.

Wigalo had a terrible experience being the first one to install TGC with GSA. I was maybe the 50th...…. My experience was excellent and I had no issues. To this day, I remember how great GSA and Protee were in helping me install it.

I was one of the first GSA users to change my system from a X,Y set up ( Vcam on the floor, Hcam on the ceiling) to a on the ceiling stereo system. At first, it didn't work. I kept sending Martin issues..... he kept putting out updates. A few other guys couldn't wait for the system to have the bugs worked out. Within 2 or 3 weeks, the system works without issue. HA accuracy within +/- 0.13 degrees, which is close to 10 times greater than most other products. Some users went back to X,Y setups and are not willing to try stereo.....Well they are missing out. Speed, LA, have also seen improvements with the stereo setup.

I hope that the current group of Beta testers walk into this with their eyes open and realistic expectations. I am confident that the issues will be worked out eventually. Sometimes when something is fixed....another thing becomes broken. That is why it is good to know how to roll back to a previous update.

GSA is offering club data for Skytrak and GC2 users for $1500. Compare that to 7k+. Will the HMT be better than Vistrak?.. that is a safe bet. GSA's club data has helped me learn how to shape my shots and has help to improve my game. For a few dollars more, you can have a complete system.

I remember that my father always was bad mouthing GM and chevy products. He had a terrible experience back in 1971. And in his mind, GM is crap and always will be. While I am sure that GM has improved over the years, I am not sure if I am willing to try their products. Not because I believe that they are no good, I just don't want to hear the stories again about how bad that 1971 chevy was.

I really hope that the Beta testers help GSA work out the kinks in the system. We need to test the system on a wide array of different systems. We need to establish what works and what doesn't.
        In exchange for the great low price of the beta units, testers are given the task of helping use find and eliminate problems, so that future users will have a great experience.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Martin has developed a great way of error reporting. He is using the video playback feature to store and save videos of the shot. When there is an error, the user can forward that video to me, Mike, or Martin. We can then load that video into our control panel to investigate the issue. We can apply different settings to see if it is a simple fix. If it requires changes in the code, Martin can determine that. Mike and I are long time GSA users with a boatload of experience. We have been brought on board to help make sure that Vistrak gets a chance in the marketplace.

Seems like Martin is learning from the past.

I was one of the early adopters of MEVO. Initially, I was worried Flightscope customer service was going to give "consumer" customers the back of their hand. Starting out, MEVO gave a decent read two or three out of every 10 shots. It took two firmware updates to get MEVO dialed in, at which point the reported data matched its top of the line LMs! FS customer service was stellar the whole way through.

I got my LX Pro unit yesterday, with parts coming in tomorrow. Should be able to test this weekend!

Comment

Update. Got the mount to work somewhat(the mount itself is horrible), so was actually able to hit some shots.

Still working on my camera settings, but the unit is picking up every shot including drives.
          My initial thoughts are:
          Ball speed seems off, but I think I have to adjust for some settings.
          Even though ball speed seems off, it still goes up and down depending on how hard I hit a shot. So that is promising.
          Club data seems off, but apparently there is an update coming soon with clubdata.

Still messing with camera settings and will report back soon.

Comment

keither5150, after looking at the information GSA provided, both in the package and online, I've come the conclusion I don't know how to set up my new Vistrak LX for floor mount ball spin measurement. There is quite a lot of information for ceiling mounting but very little for floor mounting. I am hoping you can help by posting some initial control panel settings that worked for you. I can take it from there. I know you've gone back and forth between the floor and ceiling so I am hoping you can help by posting some Vistrak LX floor mount tips and tricks. Longer term I would like mount the lighting, LX ceiling mount and cabling to enable a relatively quick switch from floor to ceiling and back. I would like to see club interaction with the ball from time to time, but I bought the Vistrak LX for accurate ball spin measurement so I'm going to start setup there first.

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking to move my unit to the floor in about 3 hours..... just finishing up some test shots for Martin. I will send you a message when I have it on the floor. Are you on our discord channel?

stevnkrn Are you on our Discord channel yet? If not, I will send you an invite. I have some instructional videos on there. I am hoping to put another one on there sometime tomorrow. I am hoping that Martin fixes a couple of things before that. I did some work on the LX and spin detection. It seems to work fantastic for spin. There are some left handed issues. Spin axis is not being detected for a lefty. But overall spin is pretty accurate. I can chip a bump and run with about 1000 rpm's. Normal chips and pitches work really well. I have the same control over my spin as when I had a GC2. I have sent my issues to Martin. Looking forward to the next update. Hopefully spin axis will be fixed before I go on my golf holiday. 2 rounds per day for 4 days. Gone on Tuesday and back on Sunday. I will be checking on things in the evening and maybe in between rounds.... I played my first round IRL since the beginning of August. 85% speed may be my new 100%. Going to see if the shoulder can make 4 days. If it can't I will be back to work earlier than Sunday. Please note that after Beta testing is over, markers will not be shown in the Vistrak video window. They will still be visible in the camera window. I will be testing full shots after the next update.

Comment

Can some of those who purchased give some reviews and video? Would be great if it was ceiling mounted and working in conjunction with other side mounted hardware, ie GC2 or skytrak.

Comment

Working...
              X