Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bob Chung winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Franklin Templeton Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 XMAS Tour - XMAS Champions of Champions with 2 rounds at Glen Abbey CC (White Tees) by BoomBoom : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-of-champions
See more
See less

Tour Schedule: TGC 2017/2018 TOUR

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Schedule: TGC 2017/2018 TOUR

RULES AND GUIDELINES

Purpose
    To offer an online league format that facilitates all that we enjoy about playing the Sport of Golf. To make Tournament settings on each round that compare to PGA standards.

Integrity
    Golf is a sport of honesty, all players are expected not to treat this like a game but treat it as if you were actually participating in live Events. Please do not cheat or manipulate the Game to give yourself and advantage. We encourage play with other online players but one can play by themselves or with a ghost ball. Scores get automatically added via TGC API so no need to enter scores. Mulligans are allowed only if there is a miss read or hardware/game error. Multiple simulator platforms will be in play.
    TGC Tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

Wow what a list of golf courses, amazing stuff.

Comment

Sweeet!! everyone is coming to Coeur d'Alene and the world's only movable floating green. My home course.

Comment

anyway the yardage for each course can be added to the schedule?

Comment

thanks pro tee- glad to see most are in the 6,000 range.

Comment

Great list of courses, and I'm also happen to see most of them are at reasonable lengths.

Comment

So how do you "join" the tour?

Comment

• sb944
              sb944 commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't really need to do anything, just goto Play Tournament, filter by Public, and it's usually one of the latest (not this week though, 2nd page of tournaments this week). The tournaments are time limited, so you get a little clock icon next to it, this week it's the BMW. You'll get a red X next to your name if you haven't fully worked out the shot recording, and nickname syncing. Good luck.

I am looking forward to the start of the tour! It's been awhile after a lengthy break with some back/nerve issues.

Do I need to make any changes to my username or account after switching from SkyTrak to GC2? I'm hoping my handicap is still active.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
              I am looking forward to the start of the tour! It's been awhile after a lengthy break with some back/nerve issues.

Do I need to make any changes to my username or account after switching from SkyTrak to GC2? I'm hoping my handicap is still active.
              Everything will be the same. Just use the same user name. Also, if you install a new version of TGC, you'll need to turn on shot recording. In GSX settings are max +/- 5%.

Comment

When tcg 2 comes out are these courses backwards compatible?

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, plus, the designers can touch up their courses with all of the new features available in TGC2...... as far as I know.

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the release notes for TGC2 advertise 150,000 courses so I imagine they moved them over.
                  Last edited by mthunt; 09-23-2017, 04:17 PM.

There's a problem with the first course we'll be playing. Hole 16 has water in front of the green and what appears to be a wall of logs in between the water and rough. If your ball lands in these logs the game just stops (as seen in the attache photo). The only way to resume play was to quit the game and restart.

Comment

Are you able to resume the round after restart?

Comment

• jrz
                    jrz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. Upon resuming the round it automatically launched the ball (from the tee) with a different ball flight and resumed as normal.

I want to join this tour but a little confused on qualification. I think I read somewhere that we needed to play 5 qschool rounds to establish a "Tour Handicap". I played the 2 rounds on the qschool tournament (Bethpage Black) but not sure where to play the other 3 rounds. The qschool tour event only has 2 rounds at Bethpage. Where can I find the other 3 qschool tour events?

Comment

• sb944
                    sb944 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn't for the last tour. Just play, get shot recording working, and you'll get a handicap after a couple of tournaments.

From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

On page 3 you will find TGC Q-School Tour Event and TGC Q-School Tour Major (3 rounds @ Magnolia National)

Comment

I’ve just completed my first event. How long does it take for my score to be posted on the leaderboard?

Comment

• Gmatthews1977
                      Gmatthews1977 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’ve since sorted this out and realized I didn’t have shot recording on.
                  Working...
                  X