Tour Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by A.Princey View Post
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but on my SkyTrak version of TGC1, rewinds appear to be OFF for any tournament, is their still a need for SR if rewinds cannot be done? I only ask because I cannot for the life of me get SR to turn on. I've played 6-7 tournaments now in the 2021 Winter league, established a relatively low Tour hcp and have had absolutely no access to Rewinds. Thanks in advance.
    If you are using TGC1 your scores automatically won’t count without shot recording.

    Leave a comment:


  • Adam Prince
    replied
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but on my SkyTrak version of TGC1, rewinds appear to be OFF for any tournament, is their still a need for SR if rewinds cannot be done? I only ask because I cannot for the life of me get SR to turn on. I've played 6-7 tournaments now in the 2021 Winter league, established a relatively low Tour hcp and have had absolutely no access to Rewinds. Thanks in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3on3putt
    commented on 's reply
    You're doing it wrong in your settings. The only gimmie is inside 6 feet (auto 1-putt). Anything outside of 6 feet must be putted. Check your gimmie settings.

  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Golfnado View Post
    You guys should really think about changing auto 2 putt when on green greater than 5ft. As it is, the only way ppl will be able to score is to have straight putting on anyway so even if you suck balls at putting you still won't be able to win anything with 2putt on green and 1 putt inside 6 ft.

    ​​​​​
    The rules for putting is to set to gimmie. Gimme means anything inside 6 feet is an auto 1 putt and anything outside of 6 feet you have to use your putter and putt. This isn’t going to change. The ProTee society will never be a tournament without putting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Golfnado
    replied
    You guys should really think about changing auto 2 putt when on green greater than 5ft. As it is, the only way ppl will be able to score is to have straight putting on anyway so even if you suck balls at putting you still won't be able to win anything with 2putt on green and 1 putt inside 6 ft.



    ​​​​​

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim-Rex View Post
    I'm new to all this, what are the settings for Green Stimp in skytrak? Are there standards, or can I set them to whatever I want?
    You can set the Stimp and speed to whatever you want. The gimmie has to be set to Gimmie.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim-Rex
    replied
    I'm new to all this, what are the settings for Green Stimp in skytrak? Are there standards, or can I set them to whatever I want?

    Leave a comment:


  • TinkReloaded
    replied
    I don't see the ES Tour Plus in that list. Will I be ostracized and unable to compete?

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Flightscope Mevo+, GC2, Trackman 4, Uneekor, Skytrak, protee, GSA,

  • TinkReloaded
    replied
    Is there a specific list of LM's that are approved or will any system work? I'm just getting my sim setup finished (should be fine in about a week or two) and I'd like to Jon the your when I'm all set up and get my system dialed in.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    The tour rule is setting gimmies to ‘gimmie’. The is 6 feet. You can go less or off but are not allowed to play on tour with ‘on green’ on.

  • Dark Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    You can still play but you won’t have a handicap until you play 5. You’ll be 0. Remember to set gimmies to gimmie.
    I just played my first two rounds today at ProTee Q-School and turned gimmies off. Was this not the right thing to do? I had at least one 5-putt!

    Prior to these two rounds, I had played 5 rounds at various courses within the game but I had gimmies on (2-putt outside 2m, and 1-putt inside 2m)

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Aschahar90 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DACF61D4-B29E-47ED-8403-FAE3660F6C52.png
Views:	831
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	267324 Hello I wanted to post about my recent experience.
    I recently purchased my simulator and joined the TGC Online community. I am reading through the different threads on this forum and came across the rules regarding rewinds.
    I have been having the same hardware error occur quite frequently and when it happens is the only time I ever rewind my shot. The error occurs only when hitting Driver or 3W and happens about 3-4 times per round. The system will read the shot with much lower ball speed even while swing speed remains the same and it will change launch angle, sometimes extremely high (30+) degree or sometimes extremely low (>6 degrees)

    My swing speeds and ball speeds are extremely consistent as I’ve played golf my entire life and play at scratch in open air. I just want to be pre-emptive to show what the error looks like so it’s not confused with me just rewinding shots on a whim.
    All of my tee shots with driver are consistently 150-160 Ball speeds and then I’ll randomly have ones that drop by 30 percent down to 110 or so, which is a massive difference, this combined with a randomized launch angle and an odd spin number and the total carry will go down from 250-270 to anywhere from 120-180.

    I read on the rules thread recently about a no tolerance when it comes to rewinds but please let me know if this scenario is an allowable rewind when you compare it to every other tee shot on my recorded history.

    I’ve reached out to rapsodo about this and they are in the process of deciding whether to send me another unit.

    I have attached an example of a shot in this message.

    Thanks.
    Rewinds are ok in that situation but rewinds are only enabled in TGC1 events. In TGC2019, they are disabled.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aschahar90
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DACF61D4-B29E-47ED-8403-FAE3660F6C52.png
Views:	831
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	267324 Hello I wanted to post about my recent experience.
    I recently purchased my simulator and joined the TGC Online community. I am reading through the different threads on this forum and came across the rules regarding rewinds.
    I have been having the same hardware error occur quite frequently and when it happens is the only time I ever rewind my shot. The error occurs only when hitting Driver or 3W and happens about 3-4 times per round. The system will read the shot with much lower ball speed even while swing speed remains the same and it will change launch angle, sometimes extremely high (30+) degree or sometimes extremely low (>6 degrees)

    My swing speeds and ball speeds are extremely consistent as I’ve played golf my entire life and play at scratch in open air. I just want to be pre-emptive to show what the error looks like so it’s not confused with me just rewinding shots on a whim.
    All of my tee shots with driver are consistently 150-160 Ball speeds and then I’ll randomly have ones that drop by 30 percent down to 110 or so, which is a massive difference, this combined with a randomized launch angle and an odd spin number and the total carry will go down from 250-270 to anywhere from 120-180.

    I read on the rules thread recently about a no tolerance when it comes to rewinds but please let me know if this scenario is an allowable rewind when you compare it to every other tee shot on my recorded history.

    I’ve reached out to rapsodo about this and they are in the process of deciding whether to send me another unit.

    I have attached an example of a shot in this message.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Aschahar90; 05-04-2020, 06:42 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SCMCKENZ
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the quick reply!
Working...