Tour Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by SCMCKENZ View Post
    mthunt Hello all, I’m new to the forum and am looking to join the TGC tour with my R-Motion simulator. I understand I need to establish a handicap through Q school to be eligible for the net leaderboards. When I look at the upcoming Q school tourneys (see attached image) none are currently open. Does this mean I won’t be eligible to play in this weekends Sony open or other tournaments until another Q school event pops up? Are there any other ways to establish a handicap and participate?

    Thank you in advance for any replies. I’m looking forward to joining this amazing golf community!
    You can still play but you won’t have a handicap until you play 5. You’ll be 0. Remember to set gimmies to gimmie.

    Leave a comment:


  • SCMCKENZ
    replied
    mthunt Hello all, I’m new to the forum and am looking to join the TGC tour with my R-Motion simulator. I understand I need to establish a handicap through Q school to be eligible for the net leaderboards. When I look at the upcoming Q school tourneys (see attached image) none are currently open. Does this mean I won’t be eligible to play in this weekends Sony open or other tournaments until another Q school event pops up? Are there any other ways to establish a handicap and participate?

    Thank you in advance for any replies. I’m looking forward to joining this amazing golf community!

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by schrambow View Post
    Hello,
    Is this TGC tour just for us sim golfers? I mean, we aren't competing against xbox and ps4 gamers against our full swing sims?
    If so, are there other groups/societies, in which we know we are actually just playing against other full swing simulators?
    Kind of a newbie question i know, but i guess i am a newbie here.
    thanks
    It’s only people hitting real balls with golf clubs following the rules.

    Leave a comment:


  • schrambow
    replied
    Hello,
    Is this TGC tour just for us sim golfers? I mean, we aren't competing against xbox and ps4 gamers against our full swing sims?
    If so, are there other groups/societies, in which we know we are actually just playing against other full swing simulators?
    Kind of a newbie question i know, but i guess i am a newbie here.
    thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Sim golf is fun.

  • calebm1001
    commented on 's reply
    Might need to do that! I posted another comment in Q-School thread. I played round 1, then a couple days later I played the next round but it’s as if it restarted my entire event bc it put me back at round 1. I don’t have to play all three rounds in a row, do I?

    BTW - love what you do with you courses! Finding you’re name all over TGC.

  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    FYI, the rules stickies are all the same. I just repost them when I get mad.

  • wbond
    commented on 's reply
    BT is encrypted or turned off on GCQ. It's open on GC2. TGC has a computer interface that reads the shot data via BT and sends it to the software.

  • calebm1001
    commented on 's reply
    Any of the higher end sims I suppose. But just to confirm, GCQ can't do third party apps, as in you can't play TGC? What does bluetooth have to do with that? ST works off WiFi - I assume Foresight products would do the same, no?

  • StanMI
    commented on 's reply
    You might mean "GC2"......... "GCQ" has no Bluetooth and cat do third party apps. (Hope I said that right )

  • mthunt
    replied
    Scores are automatic. If you aren’t showing up there’s a bug or it will. Please open a ticket with protee they’ll fix it.

    Leave a comment:


  • calebm1001
    replied
    Well shoot - There is another "Rules" sticky - Can we remove or combine bc I am just seeing this new zero-tolerance rewind rule. I just started getting into the Tour (going through Q-School). I had some issues with my ST where every shot on one specific lie was sending everything left in my most recent round. I turned the ST to point way to the left so if I hit straight it would go right. It worked, so I put it back to normal and everything was fine after that. I used multiple rewinds before deciding to turn the hardware in the opposite direction. I had some additional misreads that round that I rewound and moved along.

    Have I been banned? I am not seeing my 2 round score on the Major Q-School Event.

    I hate that it has come to this point where we aren't allowed to use rewinds, but i understand. I would think that giving a max allotted rewind per round would have been the best case - I could use at least 2 per round on ST. These things aren't perfect, but when Im going up against a GCQ i just don't see how I can expect to stack up against that hardware.

    Leave a comment:


  • JacobM21
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I appreciate that

  • Genghis
    commented on 's reply
    PSN - Position Net Score
    PSG - Position Gross Score
    PTN - Points for your Net position for that tournament
    PTG - Points for your Gross position for that tournament

  • JacobM21
    replied
    I'm sorry for the question. What are the stats in our profiles representing? PSN, PSG, PTN, PTG

    Leave a comment:

Working...