Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET & GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Scotish Open!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Ireland Invitational with 2 rounds at Le Golf National (Protee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...d-invitational
See more
See less

Tour Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TinkReloaded
    replied
    I don't see the ES Tour Plus in that list. Will I be ostracized and unable to compete?

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Flightscope Mevo+, GC2, Trackman 4, Uneekor, Skytrak, protee, GSA,

• TinkReloaded
    replied
    Is there a specific list of LM's that are approved or will any system work? I'm just getting my sim setup finished (should be fine in about a week or two) and I'd like to Jon the your when I'm all set up and get my system dialed in.

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    The tour rule is setting gimmies to ‘gimmie’. The is 6 feet. You can go less or off but are not allowed to play on tour with ‘on green’ on.

• Dark Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

You can still play but you won’t have a handicap until you play 5. You’ll be 0. Remember to set gimmies to gimmie.
    I just played my first two rounds today at ProTee Q-School and turned gimmies off. Was this not the right thing to do? I had at least one 5-putt!

Prior to these two rounds, I had played 5 rounds at various courses within the game but I had gimmies on (2-putt outside 2m, and 1-putt inside 2m)

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Aschahar90 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DACF61D4-B29E-47ED-8403-FAE3660F6C52.png
Views:	156
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	267324 Hello I wanted to post about my recent experience.
    I recently purchased my simulator and joined the TGC Online community. I am reading through the different threads on this forum and came across the rules regarding rewinds.
    I have been having the same hardware error occur quite frequently and when it happens is the only time I ever rewind my shot. The error occurs only when hitting Driver or 3W and happens about 3-4 times per round. The system will read the shot with much lower ball speed even while swing speed remains the same and it will change launch angle, sometimes extremely high (30+) degree or sometimes extremely low (>6 degrees)

My swing speeds and ball speeds are extremely consistent as I’ve played golf my entire life and play at scratch in open air. I just want to be pre-emptive to show what the error looks like so it’s not confused with me just rewinding shots on a whim.
    All of my tee shots with driver are consistently 150-160 Ball speeds and then I’ll randomly have ones that drop by 30 percent down to 110 or so, which is a massive difference, this combined with a randomized launch angle and an odd spin number and the total carry will go down from 250-270 to anywhere from 120-180.

I read on the rules thread recently about a no tolerance when it comes to rewinds but please let me know if this scenario is an allowable rewind when you compare it to every other tee shot on my recorded history.

I’ve reached out to rapsodo about this and they are in the process of deciding whether to send me another unit.

I have attached an example of a shot in this message.

Thanks.
    Rewinds are ok in that situation but rewinds are only enabled in TGC1 events. In TGC2019, they are disabled.

Leave a comment:

• Aschahar90
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DACF61D4-B29E-47ED-8403-FAE3660F6C52.png
Views:	156
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	267324 Hello I wanted to post about my recent experience.
    I recently purchased my simulator and joined the TGC Online community. I am reading through the different threads on this forum and came across the rules regarding rewinds.
    I have been having the same hardware error occur quite frequently and when it happens is the only time I ever rewind my shot. The error occurs only when hitting Driver or 3W and happens about 3-4 times per round. The system will read the shot with much lower ball speed even while swing speed remains the same and it will change launch angle, sometimes extremely high (30+) degree or sometimes extremely low (>6 degrees)

My swing speeds and ball speeds are extremely consistent as I’ve played golf my entire life and play at scratch in open air. I just want to be pre-emptive to show what the error looks like so it’s not confused with me just rewinding shots on a whim.
    All of my tee shots with driver are consistently 150-160 Ball speeds and then I’ll randomly have ones that drop by 30 percent down to 110 or so, which is a massive difference, this combined with a randomized launch angle and an odd spin number and the total carry will go down from 250-270 to anywhere from 120-180.

I read on the rules thread recently about a no tolerance when it comes to rewinds but please let me know if this scenario is an allowable rewind when you compare it to every other tee shot on my recorded history.

I’ve reached out to rapsodo about this and they are in the process of deciding whether to send me another unit.

I have attached an example of a shot in this message.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Aschahar90; 05-04-2020, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SCMCKENZ
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the quick reply!

• mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by SCMCKENZ View Post
    mthunt Hello all, I’m new to the forum and am looking to join the TGC tour with my R-Motion simulator. I understand I need to establish a handicap through Q school to be eligible for the net leaderboards. When I look at the upcoming Q school tourneys (see attached image) none are currently open. Does this mean I won’t be eligible to play in this weekends Sony open or other tournaments until another Q school event pops up? Are there any other ways to establish a handicap and participate?

Thank you in advance for any replies. I’m looking forward to joining this amazing golf community!
    You can still play but you won’t have a handicap until you play 5. You’ll be 0. Remember to set gimmies to gimmie.

Leave a comment:

• SCMCKENZ
    replied
    mthunt Hello all, I’m new to the forum and am looking to join the TGC tour with my R-Motion simulator. I understand I need to establish a handicap through Q school to be eligible for the net leaderboards. When I look at the upcoming Q school tourneys (see attached image) none are currently open. Does this mean I won’t be eligible to play in this weekends Sony open or other tournaments until another Q school event pops up? Are there any other ways to establish a handicap and participate?

Thank you in advance for any replies. I’m looking forward to joining this amazing golf community!

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by schrambow View Post
    Hello,
    Is this TGC tour just for us sim golfers? I mean, we aren't competing against xbox and ps4 gamers against our full swing sims?
    If so, are there other groups/societies, in which we know we are actually just playing against other full swing simulators?
    Kind of a newbie question i know, but i guess i am a newbie here.
    thanks
    It’s only people hitting real balls with golf clubs following the rules.

Leave a comment:

• schrambow
    replied
    Hello,
    Is this TGC tour just for us sim golfers? I mean, we aren't competing against xbox and ps4 gamers against our full swing sims?
    If so, are there other groups/societies, in which we know we are actually just playing against other full swing simulators?
    Kind of a newbie question i know, but i guess i am a newbie here.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Sim golf is fun.

• calebm1001
    commented on 's reply
    Might need to do that! I posted another comment in Q-School thread. I played round 1, then a couple days later I played the next round but it’s as if it restarted my entire event bc it put me back at round 1. I don’t have to play all three rounds in a row, do I?

BTW - love what you do with you courses! Finding you’re name all over TGC.

• mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    FYI, the rules stickies are all the same. I just repost them when I get mad.
Working...
X