X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - Shriners Hospitals for Children Open

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Tobacco Dunes Golf Club

Upon request we have started a trial of changing our tours to start on friday and let them end on monday ( a duration of 11 days per tour)
    Please note that this may not run smoothly at start, so please report any issues back so we can fix them!

Shriners_Hospitals_For_Children_Open

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

Shriners Hospitals for Children Open runs from TODAY - November 5.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 2986 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

👍🏻 Thanks for trying these new start/end dates!

Comment

I had a rewind second to last shot on 1st round 18th. 130 ball speed 6iron with only 2000 spin

Comment

What's the deal with the trees and tee boxes on this course? There are a number of holes where there are trees right in front of you on the tee shot. It looks like there is no way to not hit them. However, every time the ball ends up not getting impacted by those same trees. It was very uncomfortable to say the least when you don't know whether to try to work something around a tree or just swing away. Really bad setup.

Comment

• dg_1983
            dg_1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think there are two holes where you litterally tee off from.inside a bush.

Less of a problem but still odd are a couple huge tress 100 yards out dead centre of the fairway

• simmb
            simmb commented
            Editing a comment
            Hole 4 tee box is one of them, it's in a bush or something. Sounded like I clipped something off the tee in a practice round on this hole.

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Really? That’s odd. We got the creator to create this version years ago. Sometimes when they add a tee they don’t realize this can happen. He must not have checked. Sorry. I don’t remember this. We’ve used this course for years.

Lots of trouble around the greens and lots of bunkers to hit along those fairways! I liked the course, but it was a challenge. I probably missed three 8 - 10 footers on the first round and got tired and sloppy on the second round (played them back-to-back).

Comment

Originally posted by Ahecht415 View Post
            What's the deal with the trees and tee boxes on this course? There are a number of holes where there are trees right in front of you on the tee shot. It looks like there is no way to not hit them. However, every time the ball ends up not getting impacted by those same trees. It was very uncomfortable to say the least when you don't know whether to try to work something around a tree or just swing away. Really bad setup.
            I don't think you tee of in the bush or trees. I believe certain camera views make it seem like that is the case

Comment

With the weather turning an more players moving indoors, it might be time again to remind new (and old) players that rewinds are generally considered poor form. I know its just a game and I'm not going to get the Happy Gilmore check, but then again, its just a game, so don't rewind if you don't hit your shot right...

Comment

• colinjm18
                colinjm18 commented
                Editing a comment
                So what your saying is I shouldn’t rewind when I hit the fairway when it’s clearly a miss read/miss hit because I never hit it outdoors 😁

• triplebogeysrbetter
                triplebogeysrbetter commented
                Editing a comment
                Great point!

Just to let you guys know that I had to have two rewinds during this tournament. One of the first green of the first round as had my settings set to on green rather than gimme as was playing with mates the other day and one on the front nine as I clicked on concede hole by accident.

Comment

• colinjm18
                colinjm18 commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a upgraded patch on the discord channel that asks for confirmation when conceding hole.

This course is plenty tough enough without That Seqoia Tree 🌲 planted right in front of the fairway on #9 !!!! 🌲🐂💩 I hit it square and a 271 yard carry turned into a 109 yard drive. Tripled from there. 😢
              Last edited by shank12u; 11-01-2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I hate this course! (although it is a beautiful one)
                I hit more trees than fairways + GIR combined...

Comment

Great decision to extend and overlap tournaments!

Comment

If I ever play this course again I'll have my chainsaw and my weedeater stuffed into my bag!!!!!! Rated it a 2.

Comment

• colinjm18
                      colinjm18 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You must of played a different course to me to give it that high of a rating.

I like the course overall...that said, there are a couple of holes that there are trees right off the tee. I think the final par 3 is the worst. You have to aim 10-15 yards right of the pin. I have to hit a fade just to get it close. Not my go to shot But still, I like it.

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was dumb but i hit wedge right at it and missed the tree. May be more of a visual illusion.

I'm just pissy because I hit the tree on 9 and tripled from there. Outside of that the course is a solid 8.5

Comment

Working...
                    X