Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - TGC Simulator Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - TGC Simulator Open

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees)

TGC_Simulator_Open

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

TGC Simulator Open runs from TODAY - December 23.

Purse: $9,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/PakHbUA

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD
    GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Golf is a weird sport. I desighted to play my two rounds today because next week is pretty packed. I was 3 over after 2. Double on 1 and bogey on 2. I then desighted to take 10 % off every swing. Simply took one club more. They didn't feel like great rounds, but almost every messed up shot was followed by a great shot/safe. When I messed up the drive I hit a great iron, bad iron great chip and so on. Long story short I was 3 over after 2 holes and 6 over after 2 rounds. Score wise the best 2 rounds I have ever played. So that new handicap will make sure I won't make it back into the top 10 for a while lol. Especially when the longer courses come back around.
      Last edited by Sascha1818; 12-16-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Sascha1818
        Sascha1818 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you my friend. Couldn't believe what was happening.

• Torellion
        Torellion commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done buddy, I found the course to be rather brutal. Personally I'd be happy to never play that one again.

Told you you were good at keeping the ball straight ;-)

• Sascha1818
        Sascha1818 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, not quiet hitting them straight but more consistent so I can aim accordingly lol

Hopefully TGC 2019 has a better way to take drop. Got stuck in a ravine and had to take an 11 and concede hole. It seems it doesn't allow a drop where the hazard was crossed. Lesson learned!!

Comment

• orangeman
        orangeman commented
        Editing a comment
        Same thing happened to me. Some of the par 3's were brutal!

• Genghis
        Genghis commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also use the mouse and right button (I think right button) to look around your drop area. You can see what's behind you if you want to move backwards with the S key.

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried this last night. I had no idea. I've dropped behind rocks and on the edge of the pond thinking it was that or back to the original spot.

I loved this course, never played it before and thought it was immense. Not because of my scoring as I could have shot a lot lower that par 3 on the back 9 with massive slope at front of treen however was evil.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        I found this course by total fluke. It makes you wonder how many really good courses exist that no one knows about.

• kchogan
        kchogan commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree. Great track. Lots of risk/reward options.

• LotharFriend
        LotharFriend commented
        Editing a comment
        Another thumbs up for this course. It's use of undulation / hills / jungle theme makes you feel like you are in Hawaii or some tropical location enjoying a round. Nice find mthunt.

mthunt need a contest. Everyone find a hidden gem and submit. Winner gets 5 strokes added to their handicap. :-)

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        My email server would crash. lol

I think I played the wrong tournament...there were two timed/hanidcapped public tournaments at Wailua Valley going on when I searched public tournaments. I believe it was TGC Simulator and TGC Stableford, I'll have to check again when I get home. I don't see my round on the board which is too bad, I played a pretty good first round (for me).

Comment

• mikeingp
        mikeingp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, just checked my recorded tour shots....TGC Sim Stableford. Rats.

Well...I stunk the course up on the first round.

Guys keep an eye out for my driver down off in one of those ravines. I struggled with that club the whole round after beating that last course into submission with it !! ???Gawd!?!?
      Sometimes I just don't understand. Anyway I snapped my 8 iron somewhere on the back nine...I'd really like to get thaf expensive head back. You can have whatever of the shafts are left on both clubs if you want. 😢

Comment

• BSCampbell
        BSCampbell commented
        Editing a comment
        It makes it tough when people are popping out 62's all over the place. You make a 2 or 3 pars in a row and you're thinking how am I gonna ever make that up! 70 with no bogeys is never that bad but it's easy to feel that way when you see the posted scores and after your recent run of low ones yourself. Competition on here is on a new level for sure.

I started round 1 with a bogey and then proceeded to shoot my best round ever. That was a lot of fun for sure.

Comment

How the heck can one compete with these scores, I don't think I could ever go this low on the Sim. To many quirky things go on with chipping and putting and the occasional hard left shot you just watched peg the center of the screen. I will keep trying though!

Comment

Less chit chat and more posting 61s 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 challenge laid down!

Comment

• shank12u
            shank12u commented
            Editing a comment
            I mark my TP5's with tree bark and/or the cart path...whichever it comes to first!!! I like TP5 for Sim play for slight extra spin I get but I play 5X outdoor cause I like hop n stop vs. landing next to the pin and zip back to the fringe.

• rjd1975
            rjd1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            I switched to TP5x's as well. I was using Callaway but they were cracking in half way faster than I would expect...I guess that is the price you pay for a ball that soft.

• R3dlineR6
            R3dlineR6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, they are very durable as well...haven't had a cracked ball in a long time

With the imminent release of TGC 2019 (no later than the PGA merchandise show 01/22/19 - 01/25/19 per ProTee), what will happen with the tour? Will we be switching over to TGC 2019 courses immediately or will we finish the Winter Tour, which is scheduled to end 03/31/2019.

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
            Whiskeyjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to hear. Love playing the tour.

• PunchoutPro
            PunchoutPro commented
            Editing a comment
            Great to hear! Playing on the tour has been way more fun than I originally imagined. Actually wish I had signed up sooner.

For anybody on the fence, go for it. You won't be dissapointed!

• rjd1975
            rjd1975 commented
            Editing a comment
            Let's hope there will be this tour AND a TGC19 tour #moregolf

It is gonna be interesting to see how they handle switching us all to TGC2019. Rumor is anyone whom purchased TGC in 2018 is getting a free upgrade...but those of us who purchased lifetime memberships 2017 may be getting the shaft. But I'm not on the board of directors nor am I in the inner circle of news releases so I could be completely wrong and hope I am. If it's gonna be some stiff upgrade price I may just move along to JNPG with several of my buddies that have been begging me for months to switch over.

Comment

• dg_1983
            dg_1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shaft loyal customers who support the tour and give free upgrades to newer customers? I sincerely hope not. SIM golf is in its infancy with TGC finding its feet against the competition, 2019 is gonna consolidate it's position as the top software, this isn't the time to hurt the user base. Get everyone on board and continue to grow at pace, don't alienate users.

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't worry we will take care of our tour players.

• dg_1983
            dg_1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            Given the excellent track record you guys have I'd expect nothing less. Not anyone's fault but the second guessing, second hand info and some down right scaremongering from other quarters is unsettlingly! Roll on TGC 2019!

Back to the serious stuff......let's post some 61s

dg_1983, I played against your ghost in round 2. You had me by 1 going into 18. That was fun.

Comment

• dg_1983
            dg_1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            The ghosts are good fun, do guys normally play against 3 or go head to head? 2nd was slow for me, I did get it to 5 or 6 under but was hit with the skytrak bunker curse on 18, played a flop that barely got out, another one moved about a yard up the hill and then chipped stiff for a double 6!

• Fantastish
            Fantastish commented
            Editing a comment
            I usually play against 2 or 3 players. 1 almost always has a very tough score to beat.

i had two holes where my ball was in a rock and I was not allowed to drop clear of it, this ended up coasting me 9 or ten strokes over all. Started -3 after 3 so i knew Skytrak would hook me up. its hard to be competitive when so many little things can be out of your hands. I played a lot yesterday and not one shot missed until i started the tourney, then its like the lazer just decided to go to sleep. Still fun but man I hope no one is walking close to my garage! they will think very bad things are going on in their!

I just learned you could play a ghost with shot order, this is great if you have one ghost. Makes it very much like 1v1, for me this changes the entire outlook of the game.

Comment

Working...
          X