ID:	96005

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Sony Open in Hawaii runs from TODAY - January 15.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Haha. I honestly thought 59 was in the cards, especially after the front nine. The first 8 holes were just ridiculous. Human nature took over on the back nine however and I tightened up thinking about that number. Not sure it's ever going to happen in sim play for me if it didn't happen that round. We've hit a nice warming trend down here, so that definitely got me excited to get out on the course this weekend and MLK day.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      VV congrats on the great round. What is your average time for a round? I am around 40 min..... I am wondering if you spend more time analyzing your putts and approach shots than most of us. Most of the time I don't look which way the green slopes for approach shots....do you?.. Just trying to pick up some free advice. I would have to go to Little Brook manor to have a chance at 60.

I ghosted VV on round 1. It got pointless though, when his ball was already in the hole for birdie and I was just getting on the greens!!

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been lobbying for TGC to allow others to watch tournament rounds via the replay software. It would be great if you could do this. VV did you record this round? I would love to watch it if you did.

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
    VV congrats on the great round. What is your average time for a round? I am around 40 min..... I am wondering if you spend more time analyzing your putts and approach shots than most of us. Most of the time I don't look which way the green slopes for approach shots....do you?.. Just trying to pick up some free advice. I would have to go to Little Brook manor to have a chance at 60.
    It takes me right around 50 minutes, I play quickly. I'm not quite as efficient as you with your mound of golf balls. Haha. Putts are really the only thing I take my time on. I made 2 or 3 putts that round that I just couldn't believe went in, huge break in them. I don't pay attention to slope on approach shots unless I see a large undulation from the scout camera view. This round in particular, I kept having the perfect number in to most of the holes on the front. Was able to just hit the full, stock club for that shot. So I hit a lot within gimme range, and then made the putts I alluded to.

I didn't record unfortunately. Can you go back and watch an entire round in replay mode? I believe I remember seeing you talking about this before? If so, I may record my replay next time I'm down there. Might be a better way to watch anyway, without the delay between shots.

Comment

• Wyzyguy
      Wyzyguy commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the editing for time that TGC does for us ... but seeing the avatar makes it a little too video gamey for me... I have watched lots of forum members videos and it is interesting to see it in real time.. how everyone takes a look at different views.. I would like to see more data shown for launch angles, ball speeds and spin... I have hit some different type approaches based on shots I have seen you guys hit... so it is worth the waiting , fast forwarding and rewinding ... the TGC rewinds are pretty though...

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      We may never play this course again because the next time it comes around, there will probably be a shorter version.
      Yes, you can go back and watch pretty much the whole round. You have to start on hole 2.... there is a glitch that if you start on hole 1, you can't get to hole 2. I use the replay software to revisit previous tour rounds. Refreshes your memory when the course comes around again. @ Wyayguy..... If you watch on YouTube in windows 10, you can skip forward and back 5 seconds buy pressing the left and right arrow keys.

Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post

It takes me right around 50 minutes, I play quickly. I'm not quite as efficient as you with your mound of golf balls. Haha. Putts are really the only thing I take my time on. I made 2 or 3 putts that round that I just couldn't believe went in, huge break in them. I don't pay attention to slope on approach shots unless I see a large undulation from the scout camera view. This round in particular, I kept having the perfect number in to most of the holes on the front. Was able to just hit the full, stock club for that shot. So I hit a lot within gimme range, and then made the putts I alluded to.

I didn't record unfortunately. Can you go back and watch an entire round in replay mode? I believe I remember seeing you talking about this before? If so, I may record my replay next time I'm down there. Might be a better way to watch anyway, without the delay between shots.
    , Great when everything goes your way, as Furyk said about his 58, just managed to stay out of my own way. Meaning not letting your head mess up your good play.. I have read some good golf psychology books lately which I have never done before ,a good one is "Mastering Golfs Mental Game"

Comment

60 is unreal, nicely done. I played my best sim round yet today and shot 67, couple chip-ins and some putts finally fell. I'm satisfied.
      Congrats VV

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice playing branover. I've played a couple of practice rounds and 67 is a really good score.

• Brandon
        Brandon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Gary

Great round vincent vega . i played your ghost ball and i think it made me play better. The only really annoying thing is my shots havent recorded for the 1st round. I havent changed any settings my end and have asked protee and mthunt to look into this as i have been working on my game alot recently and i hit it pretty good. Was looking forward to check out my ball speeds off the tee as using new driver and getting some extra carry and ball speed but no shots recorded. I have had my shot recording on for weeks and now its not showing. Gutted

Comment

Sorry guys, the shot recording service has been down for the last 9 hours. We just restarted it. This means that any shots you played in the last 9 hours will not be listed on the tour site.

Damn computers ;-)

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience. All should be working again now.

Comment

• Fieldygolf
          Fieldygolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankyou for coming back to me so quickly.

Wow great round Vincent_Vega and same as well for you Brandon, 67 is damn good, no one else broke 70 I think yet I see other than you two, vincent just broke golf again is all, no big deal hahaha

Comment

• tkotts
          tkotts commented
          Editing a comment
          No cred

• Brandon
          Brandon commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha, nice 69 as well Tkotts

I had to take my first tournament rewind due to a broken ball in round 1. The shot otherwise felt solid with the ball hitting near the target mark on screen.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by bk1106; 01-12-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Stellar round VV! Congratulations!!!!!!!! My internet took a dump in my sim building so working feverishly to try to fix it so I can get my rounds in..........I've become a tournament junky!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tkotts View Post
            No cred
            Hahaha missed that one I guess, awesome round as well

Comment

The following do not have shot recording on for this tournament. 2 have shot recording on but off for tournaments and 2 have turned it off or it went off. We are trying to figure that out.

Tkotts
              Trenn
              Kendall
              Tim Brinker
              Bobby
              Terje
              kchogan
              elibott
              Craig Stringer
              Fieldygolf
              diesel265
              CharlesB
              Bubba22

My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Justin Thomas went and one upped Vincent_Vega (59). He was playing a par 70 though. Pffft...

Comment

I wasn't going to record my second round..... and at the last second, I thought what the hell and grabbed the webcam..... I have been working hard on shaping my shots, and this was going to be the first tournament round using my new found skill. It would be nice to look at my shot shaping attempts after the fact. Now after shooting a 64, I am happy that I have it recorded. My first bogey free round ever!!!!! It might be my best round ever as well. It will be on YouTube shortly. I did have some issues with some of my shot shaping.....but I seemed to recover ok. There was one... I was trying to move the ball about 12 feet left to right and it went 40 feet. I am excited that I can move the ball left to right and right to left. Only a few times did it go the opposite the intended direction. I even went around a tree.... not quite as much as I would have liked but the putt was about 20 feet shorter than if I hit the approach shot straight. Did I say I was excited!!!!

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                    DirtyGarry24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great round keither! I've watched some of your vids and you have a nice game. You're long. I can see where working the ball can help on this setup. My problem, well I have to many to think about working the ball into pins. Lol! Anyway, I shot a first round 70 this evening. Pretty happy with it, still had a few dumb@ss mistakes as usual. Had 199 into one of the par 5's and ended up in a bunker, thin it out and managed to 3 putt from 15ish feet. Terrible. I'm with Thinman Dumb game!

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                  I wasn't going to record my second round..... and at the last second, I thought what the hell and grabbed the webcam..... I have been working hard on shaping my shots, and this was going to be the first tournament round using my new found skill. It would be nice to look at my shot shaping attempts after the fact. Now after shooting a 64, I am happy that I have it recorded. My first bogey free round ever!!!!! It might be my best round ever as well. It will be on YouTube shortly. I did have some issues with some of my shot shaping.....but I seemed to recover ok. There was one... I was trying to move the ball about 12 feet left to right and it went 40 feet. I am excited that I can move the ball left to right and right to left. Only a few times did it go the opposite the intended direction. I even went around a tree.... not quite as much as I would have liked but the putt was about 20 feet shorter than if I hit the approach shot straight. Did I say I was excited!!!!

Hell of a round, man. Congrats

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks VV....you too.... I had 3 putts for eagle.... all around 20 feet... came close. My short game was on....
                Working...
                X