TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - WGC Mexico Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • keither5150
    Champion Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 1364

    #46
    Nice shooting BlechBOX! You may want to go to a driving range rather than warm up at the first tee of a tournament. Like IRL, that is frowned upon. BTW, fantastic bogey free round!!!! I think that I have only had one bogey free round out of 387.

    Comment

    • wbond
      Ultimate Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 3489

      #47
      Ugh, i've cracked quite a few, but never had this happen. And of course during the 2nd tournament round on one when I finally thought I hit a good shot. Luckily i was able to still get a par.

      Comment


      • andygg1986
        andygg1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've cracked several balls but I've never seen a chunk of the middle come out like that! It is always just the cover splitting.

      • DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting chunk there. Mine usually split as well.

      • wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Clearly its from the incredible ball speed i generate. Haha, man i wish that was the case.

        Yeah, I've never seen an actual chunk like that, it's always been just cracks in the cover.
    • DukeJF
      Member
      • Nov 2016
      • 69

      #48
      I go through more balls playing sim golf than I do IRL!

      Comment

      • Daddio
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2015
        • 125

        #49
        I have been wondering how it affects balls after hitting them so many times the logos are starting to come off. Does the constant hitting of them
        affect the performance of the balls?

        Comment

        • FirGir
          Member
          • Nov 2016
          • 93

          #50
          My score isn't showing up on the golfsimulatortours.com leaderboard but it is showing on the leaderboard in this post. Anyone know why? I played my rounds yesterday evening and had to play in Direct Mode - maybe that's why? Anyway, was hoping to open up the scorecard and relive the quintuple bogey or whatever it was. Thanks.

          Comment


          • ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            Something funny is going on with the leaderboard on the tour site. Tech will have a look tomorrow.

          • FirGir
            FirGir commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh, it was merely a quad on the twelfth. Took a minute to find because it wasn’t shaded poop brown on the scorecard. Had a quad, triple, and double to shoot 83 in my second round and once again miss the net money by two strokes. That’s the good stuff I crave. Thanks for fixing!!!
        • penrose
          Super Member
          • May 2016
          • 754

          #51
          WOW 8 page leaderboard with 105 players - that maybe the longest leader board I have seen yet.

          Comment


          • jrz
            jrz commented
            Editing a comment
            There are many more than 105. That number is lower than the number of players because of ties. It would be cool to see how many people are in the field each week, though.

          • Genghis
            Genghis commented
            Editing a comment
            96 completed both rounds, 110 total players with those that didn't do both... the numbers keep going up even with ties... 1, T2, T2, 4...

          • jrz
            jrz commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I'm a dumbass. I forgot that the numbers take ties into account.
        • Boo Radley
          Advanced Member
          • Mar 2016
          • 260

          #52
          Originally posted by wbond View Post
          Ugh, i've cracked quite a few, but never had this happen. And of course during the 2nd tournament round on one when I finally thought I hit a good shot. Luckily i was able to still get a par.
          its a Callywaaaay.....that esplains it lol

          Comment

          • CallawayKendall
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 1

            #53
            How did my THC go from 12.8 to -36? Username on the scoreboard is Kendall.

            Comment

          • Snaphook
            Advanced Member
            • Dec 2014
            • 324

            #54
            Originally posted by goatbarn View Post
            So I took the advice of mthunt and others to raise my GC2 up 1"+ above my hitting mat. The results were:

            - Less hook bias/pull bias, or so it seemed. I actually had a few shots that I was able to start online and get a positive spin axis...
            - Distance was better (this may be related to using a brand new ball too, which I never do...also my garage was a balmy 65*, usually it's around 55*, so I was warmed up)

            What the hell is the science behind that? How does having the camera's FOV higher change the way it views azimuth and spin axis? If I raise it 3" above the mat, would everything have a fade/push bias?
            Did you try to raise it even more? Somebody needs to do an outdoor test to determine the sweetspot for height of unit above mat. I will do this as soon as the weather permits.

            Comment

            • mthunt
              Ultimate Member
              • Aug 2014
              • 4750

              #55
              Originally posted by Snaphook View Post

              Did you try to raise it even more? Somebody needs to do an outdoor test to determine the sweetspot for height of unit above mat. I will do this as soon as the weather permits.
              Foresight advertises that it can be up to 1 or 1.5 inches above the mat. I can't remember which. The metal cradle is 1" above I think. I don't know why but indoors I get more hook than outdoors. When I take my gc2 outside it reads exactly what the ball is doing. I mean exactly. The strange thing is I hit it straight. Indoors, I hook it and the gc2 reads hook. Raised an inch it's a lot less hook. My buddy reads straight inside and out and raised up an inch there's no difference for him. Go figure.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

              Comment

              Working...