Tour Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bob chung
    commented on 's reply
    I wish, I could hit 8iron 270yards too.

  • Thundergolf
    replied
    BTW yesterday I hit an 8 iron 270yrds. Hopefully nobody else has a missread. In our game they let me rewind, but not sure the same would be warranted on the tour.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thundergolf
    replied
    Amen ecarl97 I don't even want to play online on our tour with the fear that I will have a misread. I've already been called out for hitting ball too far. Thought it would be fun, but think private games have my interest more. If I get called for cheating I will gladly quit won't be necessary to DQ

    Leave a comment:


  • DirtyGarry24
    commented on 's reply
    I’m in on early preorder for the GCTrack3000! Sounds amazing!

    No true golfer feels good about every putt going straight everytime. It ain’t real golf. However, the ball jumping dead right randomly isn’t either. It’s a tough deal, but is what it is.

  • Michael Baas Becking
    replied
    I'm with ecarl97

    Leave a comment:


  • cooke23
    commented on 's reply
    amen to that ^^^^^^^^

  • ecarl97
    replied
    My $.02... the putting is difficult even with the straight putting patch. There are times when I am playing a lot and can make tons of putts, that definitely is not right now. Usually, when I do make a ton of putts I just happen to be reading and hitting the putts perfect distances. Isn't that like real golf? I agree with mthunt about the rewinds. If you have a HW hiccup or issue with your system, feel free to rewind. I have an issue where the first shot on TGC sometimes is a 100 yard popup. Though I crushed the drive, I do not rewind. If you played with my ghost you may have seen this. I have 1 rewind in the year I have played and it was because I was moving the ball into position on my GC2 and it registered as a 1 in putt.

    I enjoy playing with all you guys and the format that is created here. I do not care if we have different systems or if you have a 10 handicap and shoot 68. I like to play and try and post low scores. I have learned a ton about course management, distance control and the TGC course options. I appreciate what they are trying to do here with the awesome tour that is provided. Please do not take this so seriously that ProTee and the committee have to tie things down so tight it will not even be enjoyable anymore. Just go have fun!! That is what this is all about!

    Leave a comment:


  • cooke23
    commented on 's reply
    Agree with mthunt here. With so many systems with different strengths and weaknesses, if you’re gonna have a Tour that all can participate fairly in....then you gotta normalize as much as you can. It’s not ideal that everyone gets the straight putt thing but if you wanna compete on a level playing field, you know you’ll hafta use it. Most all putting things are related to ST but the issue is it’s not every putt. It just randomly decides to be off. Maybe one day we’ll all have the exact same setup.....the GCTrack3000. 😀

  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Aja, it’s not an advantage if everyone does it. It just means you’ll never ever not even once miss your line. Read it right and never ever miss.

  • aja
    commented on 's reply
    Yikes!
    I'm not trying to bash one technology or another.
    My comment about the "straight putt" fix reflects that fact that I don't get it. As you state, I can (apparently) also use the "fix", but for me nothing is "broken" and putting in ProTee is perfectly acceptable. Hence, I would consider it an unfair advantage if I used the "straight putt" fix.
    Not denying that ST has tradeoffs, seems most sim set-ups have their fair share of hiccups.

  • cooke23
    commented on 's reply
    LMFAO Gary..........

  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll put it to you like this. I once read a sprinkler head in a tournament as 96. It was 69. I made 6 and came in second. The rule is the same.

    In answer to your question, it’s not a valid reason for rewind. Rewinds are for hardware failure only.

  • abirdie4me
    replied
    Originally posted by abirdie4me View Post
    I played my first tournament this week (won't count, user error on setting up shot recording), but I have a question. I used 1 rewind on an actual good shot because I was hitting a 2 iron but TGC was set to 3 wood (which I have set to 3% boost). As a result, my 2 iron went about 15 yards farther than usual and ended up on the fringe. On the rewind I set the club correctly and promptly pushed my shot 30 yards right and short of the green.

    Is this a valid use of rewind, or should I have just played the first tee shot that would have actually benefited me?
    Thanks Gary. You guys are all safe from me ever winning anything as long as putting is involved!

    Leave a comment:


  • DirtyGarry24
    commented on 's reply
    What do ya think guys? Should we string this poor newbie SOB up by his shoe strings and leave him in the hot sun for a few days? Should we remove his golf balls, cut off his shafts, and take his head covers from him?

    Nah Hell, lets let him have some fun! Hehehe, take a rewind friend and golf your balls off! We’ll only judge you when you win something... 🤣

  • abirdie4me
    replied
    I played my first tournament this week (won't count, user error on setting up shot recording), but I have a question. I used 1 rewind on an actual good shot because I was hitting a 2 iron but TGC was set to 3 wood (which I have set to 3% boost). As a result, my 2 iron went about 15 yards farther than usual and ended up on the fringe. On the rewind I set the club correctly and promptly pushed my shot 30 yards right and short of the green.

    Is this a valid use of rewind, or should I have just played the first tee shot that would have actually benefited me?

    Leave a comment:

Working...