TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii

Please make sure you play: ProTee Open Hawaii !
    (not Sony Open Hawaii)

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Loa Pali Golf Resort - ProTee by CSU

ProTee_Open_Hawaii

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

ProTee Open Hawaii runs from TODAY - January 13.

Purse: $9,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 3011 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Did I play in the wrong tournament?

If so, why does it show up in recorded tour shots?

Comment

• cberglof
      cberglof commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind...I see it right in the title...geez...well...good warm up I guess. I’m an idiot. Back to the tee box tomorrow.

72 holes later today...I’ll be sore tomorrow, but I did get one good round in there. Too bad I ran outta gas on the back 9. Sure hope TGC 2019 Alpha doesn’t start tomorrow. Just kidding. 😉

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. First 18 I played aggressively and paid for it. Hit the ball worse on the second round but played it very conservatively and scored wayyyyyy better. Its going into my favorites.

entered hole 9 first day 2 under and pulled a drive hit the cart path bounced into the water played like ob. Completely threw me a for a loop and shot 10 over on the last 10 holes. Ouch

Comment

Course is pretty awesome - had it favorited but hadn't played it yet before the tournament. Got in 3/4 of a practice round in normal mode as I was waiting for my tour HC to generate. Look forward to getting in the tournament rounds.

Comment

Loved this course. Had a decent round going until #9. May look like I had a few rewinds on #9, I put 3 in the water off the tee. I was determined to drive the green. Hit it on the 4th attempt, carded a 9. Back 9 was a disasster.

SZ
          Last edited by SZ; 01-10-2019, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Nice looking course. Greens were tougher than last week IMO. Took a dump in my pants on 16 and carded a 9.
            hate golf sometimes, one day hit the ball good, the next can't hit it at all.

Comment

• shank12u
              shank12u commented
              Editing a comment
              Feel ya dawg

I think #14 and #16 have their pars switched. I hit driver, wedge into #14 (I guess I did cut the corner so I’m not sure how it would play otherwise). When John said I hit the green under regulation, I did a double-take.

PS- my putting was atrocious, but making a 4 on #16 was nice.

Comment

• shank12u
              shank12u commented
              Editing a comment
              #16 I got lucky to hit the far far right hand side of the green in 2....swung the putt wayyyyy out into right field and when it finally came to rest it was two inches short of falling in....unlucky two putt for par ☹️

Interesting suggesting on 14 and 16. I too hit driver wedge at 14. 16 was a different story, 285 up the right, 5 iron into the mouth of the green leaving a 40 yard pitch, watched and chuckled as Bradford hit the drink, then I pitched past the hole and run into the water.....water from 40 yards......shoot me.

I didn't find the course hard, rather just a little silly. 4 doubles over the 2 rounds felt just a bit odd.

Roll on next week

Comment

• shank12u
              shank12u commented
              Editing a comment
              I threw my back out again last week....so I had no choice but to take the week off. I was very surprised to come out and play decent after the layoff....but I was even more surprised to see all the scores so close to par or over. Maybe this course suits me....I won last time we played it....so if Braycobb doesn't do something spectacular or Randy doesn't come off the bench late in the game Sunday and smoke me like he's been known to do...just maybe I'll have a chance to win again on this course.

• shank12u
              shank12u commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastish is off to a nice start at chasing me down also.

• BSCampbell
              BSCampbell commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel your pain with the back issues. I had a couple weeks with mine being not so good. Would've taken the Christmas week off had it not been a par 3. I survived not having to go at it very hard with irons. Feel like I just started to get over some of the bad habits that is caused (big pulls) yesterday. Getting old isn't fun.

Nice playing shank12u ...
            I played first round with your ghost and played 2nd round with your ghost turn order on!
            it felt like old time...
            you played great till the end...
            I had some chance to catch you, but my putter speed was not good..maybe next time..
            I recorded my round, but stream stopped and started again later.

here's part of 1st round stream...

playing 2nd round with shank12u
            ​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/SSNGbm8XAUo

Comment

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Bob, what’s that box in the low left corner with the ball and club data?

• triplebogeysrbetter
              triplebogeysrbetter commented
              Editing a comment
              jrz capture of the gsx data output.

I played TGC last night and streamed...
            I took one rewind at maybe 15hole...
            Moved a ball, but GC2 fired...
            For some reason, YouTube stoped at that same spot, and resumed little later...so...no recording....
            If someone report me, I have no way to defend myself...

Comment

• shank12u
              shank12u commented
              Editing a comment
              If you'd have beaten me I'd have reported you Bob !!!

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bob, no worries. It is quite obvious that you are cheating....just kidding.

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              HaHa. That happened to me once. I didn't notice until I got to the green and was putting for par. lol

I laid up on the par 4 16th lol...went for it yesterday and took a 9. Laid up today and made par. Maybe I should play smarter more often instead of playing stupid and throwing clubs all around my sim room

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
              triplebogeysrbetter commented
              Editing a comment
              It is more enjoyable to scream and throw clubs in the sim though.

I mean you do wanna simulate real golf.

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, I've broken probably 3 clubs in the last year. I just got a new set. Most people's new year resolution is to try to be more healthy, mine is to not break anymore freaking golf clubs!

I played a practice round and just can't get anything going on this course. It feels like you should be able to go low but then I look up and I am one over through 15...16 is a beast. No chance I would be so bold in real life. Good luck everyone. I don't think I will be able to catch shank12u the way I am swinging but you never know with this game.

Comment

This is my favorite fictional course on TGC for sure...it's probably in my top 5 overall as well! Very well designed golf course, I took some gambles and didn't pull them off but I will try again in round 2...it's just too tempting haha. Anyways, I'm finally starting to get my swing back and more importantly I think I understand the fix when things go bad...we'll see how tonight goes!

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                Jwheels9876 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a great fantasy course for sure because it gives you different options of playing the holes and it's open enough to not penalize you too much if you're a little off.
                And no trees hanging over fairways like some designers love to add for some reason

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s awesome. It’s another course I found by fluke. Please send me any course you recommend. With 19 we may play every event on the matching course but you never know..

I'm nowhere close to contention but did take a rewind (I think my first ever). BiL was in the room and we both just went "huh" when I started the ball right and it flew way left.

Comment

shank12u I will be playing against your ghost tonight. It will be tough! I finished birdie, birdie in round one to post the round 1 67..

Comment

• shank12u
                  shank12u commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks like I may not be your biggest worry!! @TimDer put up a bogey free -4 at some point today.
              Working...
              X