2.5.4 released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sledge0001
    replied
    Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
    We integrated the new SkyTrak SDK into the TGC for SkyTrak interface. You can download the updated version 1.45 here: tgcstupdate1.45.exe
    This update is for TGC users only. Make sure the TGC for SkyTrak app is not running in the background when updating...
    So after installing the 1.45 TGC update on both computers (different PC hardware, routers and internet service providers) I played a head to head match with my father who also has a Skytrak. We had 4 TGC/SDK/SkyTrak crashes during this round.

    The TGC app itself was still running as if I was to take my shot when the SkyTrak went Green, Red, Red and then became non responsive so I went to the desktop and took a look at the TGC launcher app (I believe this is the new SDK) and sure enough twice on each machine the license part where it reads "SkyTrak license" had a red X. Although both SkyTrak's are properly licensed for TGC play. The machine licenses for TGC did however show green checks.

    I forgot to mention the only way to get the system to work again was to fully shutdown TGC (including the launcher/SDK) and then restart the TGC app.

    SkyTrak_SethProTee United I believe you may be a License Call home issue for us TGC users that is causing the SkyTrak hardware to cease working during TGC gameplay. Again I can confirm this happened 4 times yesterday on 2 different computers running the latest SDK and 2.5.4

    I am hopeful this information helps resolve the system crashing issue.

    ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Sledge0001; 03-12-2017, 05:38 PM. Reason: additional clarification on the rebooting TGC to get it to reconnect

    Leave a comment:


  • ProTee United
    commented on 's reply
    Good news!

  • ProTee United
    commented on 's reply
    This is probably a mix up between 64bit and 32bit DLL's. Try to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012 Redistributables using the control panel and reinstall the x86 versions for 2010 and 2012. Delete the DLL's that you copied manually.

    Check if you have any of these installed in Windows folders. The version part of the file name is a number.
    msvcrversion.dll
    msvcpversion.dll
    mfcversion.dll
    mfcversionu.dll
    mfcmversion.dll
    mfcmversionu.dll

    Installers below. Only install the x86 versions.

    2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8328
    2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30679
    2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40784
    2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145

  • Tommyseb
    commented on 's reply
    i googled the error and fixed it by going to the "turn windows features on / off" settings, then ticking the .Net Framework 3.5 option (before only the Net Framework 4.6 was ticked) then reinstalled the vcredist_x86.exe, and now it works.

  • Tommyseb
    commented on 's reply
    I still get the same error that I had previously (after I installed the DLL's) "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) click ok to close the application"

  • ProTee United
    commented on 's reply
    Try installing vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft and let us know if this solved the issue.
    The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run C++ applications that are built by using Visual Studio 2013. For an updated version of these redistributable packages, see KB 3138367.

  • Tommyseb
    commented on 's reply
    I installed the new 1.45 interface then when I tried to open the skytrak interface I got 2 windows errors saying msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll were missing, so I found them on the net and put them in the correct windows directory and reopened and then there was another error. So I tried reinstalling the update it again and same thing happened, so I found my previous Tgc skytrak interface setup exe and reinstalled that, and now it's working again. Have I done something wrong with my install of the 1.45 interface?

  • dborden0
    commented on 's reply
    What improvements can we expect with this update? I am super appreciative of how quick protee support has been. You guys are awesome.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    It's safe to say that one facet of my business (role) is with the golf simulator world, but there's a lot more at play with my responsibilities. I picked this forum not because of any relation to golf simulation, but because it's members are avid golfers, know technology, and are great at providing feedback. Being able to monitor the sims is a huge bonus! But with so many companies involved in this project, I've learned that releasing any info is a slippery slope. Everyone wants X, and X might be ready to go for a long time but is unexpectedly waiting on Y. And it does get hard to keep updating people on X without knowing when Y is going to happen, especially when Y might be waiting on Z. If I had my way, we'd have a whole team monitoring and responding in forums like this because it's a great way to gather a ton of feedback and at the same time, help a lot of people with a common problem in just one post. Believe me when I say I could spend more time here.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    v2.5.4 has nothing to do with TGC in itself. Again, it's the firmware update that came with v2.5.4 that is affecting TGC. By now I'm sure you've seen that TGC has updated their SDK, so that should solve that issue. I will post a new thread for SkyTrak app-related network mode issues because it is getting too hard to track over several threads.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Not possible with firmware on anything, and not possible with Apple on software. I believe things are beginning to get ironed out.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    The login bug fix is coming (fyi you don't need to be logged in to get the laser dot). But definitely still interested in hearing how things are with the lockup since it happened...have not heard of that before.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    teamacacia Please send me a PM. Would like to troubleshoot this further.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    I'll respond to constructive responses. peesh23 , please send me a PM. I'd like to work with you offline to get this resolved asap. We have thousands of customers using network mode just fine since the update, so I'm very interested to see what could be going on.

  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!!! That cat wanted out of the bag in a bad way
Working...