My skytrak worked without issue for 1.5 years, but now my skytrak connects to my wifi network (red yellow green) then conects to the skytrak app and the lights go red green green (top down). The change to green green green with laser no longer occurs. This happens with USB mode, pc software, ios app, and TGC. So frustrated, I could scream.
I have reset my skytrak multiple times. One time it briefly started working again with pc software then stopped again.
Either my skytrak coincidently kicked the bucket or the recent update did some egregious harm.
sigh
2.5.4 released
Collapse
X
-
I do it this way, I have two wifi adapters. One for skytrak and one for my wifi network. I did it this way as my simulator is out in my shop and signal is not great. Reading the problems other people have had, I wouldn't do it any other way. It's only like $10 for an extra wifi adapter on amazon.
-
Played a round of the WGC Mexico Championship and my ST dropped wifi connection with my PC 15 times. Before the update, I rarely had a wifi drop but since the update, I've had an average of 5 drops per round. So many more today, so I had to post. Nothing has changed in my setup from before the update to 2.5.4. I have no sync issues with my shots to the ST page. Just driving me crazy since I am having to reset and can't get in a groove. SkyTrak_Seth - is this a ST issue with the update and integration with TGC? Patch? Thanks!
Leave a comment:
-
Its the PC version, not IPAD if that makes a difference...but, when it does do it I check my computer and its still on the correct network....I live in the middle of nowhere, so no other networks are even found. When I first connected and everything was fine for that first 20 minutes or so, the time lag on the system as only a couple seconds. Now its like 15 - 20 seconds...so real real slow. Full signal on my computer. Don't know how to check the SkyTrak. I will try direct mode tonight to see if I have same issue. I will also try to force the computer to only use 2.4Last edited by CoBoz; 03-03-2017, 07:46 PM.
-
I thought about that too after I stopped for the night..but can you still use TGC/JNPG in direct mode? I thought you needed an Internet connection to use and direct mode says Internet is not available. Granted, I don't have either of these products yet, but that is the plan. Thanks!
-
I'll just say, I use skytrack almost exclusively in direct mode. I've literally never had an issue losing connection. Not once.
Leave a comment:
-
This is totally a guess, but is it possible your iPad is hopping over to a different network? Like you have the SkyTrak connected to the 2.4Ghz and the iPad is hopping between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? Can you try putting the unit back to direct mode (if you can't connect in the app to do this, insert a paperclip into bottom hole for 10 seconds - until all lights turn yellow). Does this disconnection happen in direct mode as well?
-
I have noticed an occasional drop in TGC using Network mode since the update. I have never noticed that before. Yesterday I had major issues with it dropping out of network mode, along with HUGE delay times from the time I hit my shot, (laser would go out then come back on), before it would show in the screen. I finally realized that my wife was using our microwave at that time. For some reason, the microwave interferes with the damn WIFI signal!
However, the "other" occasional drops since the update occurred when I was home alone, so no one was using the microwave. In those instances, I had to close completely out of TGC, restart the SkyTrak, and then reopen TGC in order to re-establish connection. I do not play every day, so I will say this has happened 2-3 times since the update, and using Network connection. I have not gone back to see if a direct USB connection eliminates it, as I had issues with missed shots in USB mode, and rarely had a missed shot when I switched to Network mode (before the update), except for really bad mishits.
Leave a comment:
-
I agree. Mine being brand new, I have no idea if the new patch caused this issue or if its something else. If I (or anyone else) could just install the previous one, we would know for sure.
-
Maybe allowing ppl to select the firmware and software version as an option might help
Leave a comment:
-
Long time looker, first time poster here. Just got my SkyTrak after reading all the positives...and negatives. I figured "what the hell". Step up was a breeze. Quickly found my WIFI network and connected within the PC app. I used it for about 20 minutes, shot after shot. Then all of a sudden, it disconnected. Lights showed Bottom to Top..green, solid yellow, solid red. Reading my book this means its connected to a wifi network, wait connection to app. So I closed and reopened the app. Would not reconnect, Then I turned off unit, closed app for 30 seconds or so. Turn on unit, waited for solid yellow middle light. Opened app and it connects. Now I get to hit two shots and the same thing.....I do the same reset...again, successful connect, 2 or 3 shots..disconnects again. I did this for 2 or 3 more times and said screw it. I never had the old app/patch so I have no idea if it was better...but right now, this 2K I just spent is worthless. Unbelievable. I'm hoping something gets fixed ASAP, because when I was able to practice at first for 20 minutes or so, it was excellent. Drives, soft chips, long irons.....
Leave a comment:
-
Just wanted to acknowledge some funny issue with skytrak and tcg. Getting a lot of pitch shots and putts going way left or right. At first thought it was me since I am a bogey golfer but last night had multiple hits go way right or left after my golf ball hits the center screen. Lost a lot of pars in the tourney.
Rewinded some shots in tcg tourney play but held back on most shots since didn't want to give impression of cheating.
I guess the bright side I know I am improving to the point to where I know my shot should look like.
Leave a comment:
-
Sorry, Seth - a couple of days ago you said something along the lines of "this is a new one to us" regarding the network mode issues, even though there have been many comments and even a separate thread on the issue.
-
We've acknowledged the issue in several threads. We are both working to get TGC back on track with the latest SDK as fast as possible.
Leave a comment: