2.5.4 released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ganders75
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers for that guys, I'll sort myself out a VPN and try that instead. I'll also have a look through my other machines and see if anything is misbehaving. Sounds like it's something that can be fixed, and that's all I care about really. Thanks again.

  • ProTee United
    commented on 's reply
    Try this as well: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...11425-tgc-help

  • ganders75
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, the PC is hardwired in though so that is not really an issue unless there is something major wrong on the network. It seemed to be connected just fine the whole time to be honest. Maybe I'll try a "turn everything off and back on again" including all the home plugs. I guess it's worth a try...

  • GungHoGolf
    commented on 's reply
    Did you check your internet connection when it was locked up? That exact thing has happened to me a couple of times, and each time my wifi had lost connection. (FYI, I connect TGC to ST via USB.)

  • ganders75
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post

    I don't know if that is good news or bad news, but thanks for that info. We are working on it.
    More info: grid lines on green go funky when it locks up. They basically freeze, but the game menu is still responsive. You can even play a replay of the previous shot, but when you exit back it's still stuck on red green green. I then tried to minimise TGC, turn off and on the skytrak, then reconnect the interface. This gives you green, green, green - but soon as you hit a shot you're back to the 30s delay then red green green locked up again. Tried this multiple times with same result. Haven't managed to play more than 4 holes tonight (with 2 players). Again, range was working fine so we played a little closest to the pin instead... No lockups at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jtangm04
    commented on 's reply
    Don't think it's the antivirus causing problems for everyone. Reinstalled the tcgskytrak interface and left norton antivirus on. I still have the tcgskytrak interface's folder exempt from norton. Did 5-6 test shots and no disconnect issue after my reinstall.

  • Jtangm04
    replied
    Of note, last night my Norton Antivirus tried removing the tcg skytrak interface after the update. I restored the files and changed my Norton settings to ignore the folder where the tcg skytrak interface installed but didn't improve things. Haven't tried disabling my Norton Antivirus to see if that is the root cause. At first I thought it was the updates that was causing the crash but if the above poster has the same issues without updating I wonder if it's an anti-virus program that is somehow causing everything to run amok.
    Last edited by Jtangm04; 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    replied
    Originally posted by ganders75 View Post
    SkyTrak_Seth ProTee United I have NOT updated either SkyTrak or TGC and I'm getting stuck every time I try and play. Sounds very similar to the problems listed on here - so I'm wondering if perhaps it's nothing to do with this update and something is causing it?
    I don't know if that is good news or bad news, but thanks for that info. We are working on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyTrak_Seth
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear.

  • ganders75
    replied
    SkyTrak_Seth ProTee United I have NOT updated either SkyTrak or TGC and I'm getting stuck every time I try and play. Sounds very similar to the problems listed on here - so I'm wondering if perhaps it's nothing to do with this update and something is causing it?

    Like the post above, gets stuck on red, green, green. Generally, it will have a super long delay on a shot just before this happens, as in 30s type delay. It sits there on red, green, green for ages, then it will render the shot but will not reset itself. Doesn't seem able to recover, so you end up having to reboot everything. Like above, makes TGC pretty much unplayable if you want friends to join in.

    Have played on ST range, hit around 100 balls and it doesn't seem to have this problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jtangm04
    replied
    I did the tcgstupdate 1.45 and wish I hadn't. Since update I am constantly losing connection. I start TCG and get 1 or 2 swings. Afterwards, the skytrak will freeze with the lights showing red, green, green. Basically it has made tcg unplayable with my skytrak. Anyway I can roll back the tgc skytrack interface to the previous version?

    Leave a comment:


  • ernie18
    replied
    just a heads up if you guys are using the ipad and still having connection problems, i did 2 sessions today after a hard reset of my skytrak, seemed to do the trick. im running firmware 1.5.5 too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sledge0001
    replied
    Originally posted by McBain View Post
    Like some other posters, i cant say this update has resolved anything... might have helped, but not resolved... had about 5 disconnects and 4 no reads across 18 holes... was hoping for better.
    I agree it helped but it was still better before the update.

    Leave a comment:


  • McBain
    replied
    Like some other posters, i cant say this update has resolved anything... might have helped, but not resolved... had about 5 disconnects and 4 no reads across 18 holes... was hoping for better.

    Leave a comment:


  • wbond
    replied
    If you never updated to 2.5.4 then this is not required, is that correct?
    Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
    We integrated the new SkyTrak SDK into the TGC for SkyTrak interface. You can download the updated version 1.45 here: tgcstupdate1.45.exe
    This update is for TGC users only. Make sure the TGC for SkyTrak app is not running in the background when updating...

    Leave a comment:

Working...