2.5.4 released
Collapse
X
-
Re: login issue. I chatted today with skytrak support they said uninstall and reinstall software, I had upgraded before not a full clean reinstall. I should have done that earlier as I know that is a common troubleshooting solution but didn't. It will be a few days before I can try it.
and by the way why does skytrak not have an email address for support. All I can find is chat or telephone. Not very convenient when u play primarily evenings n weekends and encounter issues. I don't care if they don't respond till normal business hours just so I could get the issue in front of them when it happens. I will wait for a response whenever. In this day and age an email support address seems required.
CoBoz brnixon. Can you identify the wifi adapters u reference and advise how these are utilized. My understanding of wifi adapters is to add wifi capability to devices that don't have same. And how would you use on a skytrak. Do u plug into skytrak mini USB port. Apologize for my ignorance here but I have wifi issues in my garage and tried an extender (not adaptor) which works sometimes but not reliably.
thanks
Leave a comment:
-
Just an update. Got my second wireless adapter as suggested above. Connected direct and practiced all night without a single disconnect. Didn't read a couple drives until i learned where to put the tee...then everything was great. Light low chips, high wedges, etc. This is only on the free driving range, haven't bought JNPG yet. Thank you for the suggestion!
Leave a comment:
-
I also have been having issues with wifi drops since the update. Only using skytrak range with PC not iPad, switched to direct mode for better connection but today after hitting one shot on range, unit locked up twice in a row. After shot, top light turned red, shot registered on screen, unit would not return to the the tee for next shot. First time I turned skytrak unit off n on, then next shot locked up again. This time I closed down program, reloaded and logged back in and it worked fine for the rest of my session
Another issue, EVERY PROGRAM START REQUIRES ME TO LOGIN. THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING AND NEVER HAPPENED WITH THE PRIOR VERSION. Yes I am checking "remember me" on every login. This release scares me as a new user, this was a minor software change according to skytrak, I hate to see what issues pop up with a major revamp.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm in for testing as well. At this point I am leaving it alone until a fixit patch is released.
-
I am having the same connection issues with JNPG it will read a shot then it will just freeze for a minute and then drop connection. I am also getting a lot more miss reads. Chips are shooting left on me more frequently. Im not sure if its me or the skytrak but i have also noticed an excessive drop in back spin on my irons using the same ball and clubs.
Leave a comment:
-
I have added a second wireless adapter to my PC so I can connect to the SkyTrak in direct mode and still play TGC.
I've also noticed that even with the more reliable setup described above there is another symptom of this release that I have seen quite a bit. Usually with low iron approach shots, when the ball is hit well, the ST will register the shot as a chip and give me 1000 RPM backspin and no sidespin. It almost looks like a normal shot but doesn't float in the air and runs like crazy across the green. This seems to be isolated to TGC.
I also had a crazy misread in TGC where the ball was hit well but it rendered as kind of a shank. I've only seen this once, though, so I wouldn't just yet call this a 2.5.4 problem.
SkyTrak_Seth Seth - please give us access to the beta of the new release. 2.5.4 has been a nightmare.
Leave a comment:
-
mine was doing the same thing in network mode. i plugged it in via usb and it has done it less but still has now since the update. i minimize tgc and have found the tgc skytrak interface has to be restarted. I connect that and the box connects and works. Same as everyone else, this didnt happen until after the last update.
-
As I mentioned I have 2 of the units that both started acting funky immediately after the last update. I'm convinced the latest firmware sent the Skytrak into almost unusable state. Many others have reported the same issues and Skytrak stated they are working with Protee on getting the SDK fixed. All we can do is wait.Originally posted by Fluffy View PostMy skytrak worked without issue for 1.5 years, but now my skytrak connects to my wifi network (red yellow green) then conects to the skytrak app and the lights go red green green (top down). The change to green green green with laser no longer occurs. This happens with USB mode, pc software, ios app, and TGC. So frustrated, I could scream.
I have reset my skytrak multiple times. One time it briefly started working again with pc software then stopped again.
Either my skytrak coincidently kicked the bucket or the recent update did some egregious harm.
sigh
Leave a comment:
-
Seems you are not the only one..this whole thread is almost everyones unit now is unplayable after the update..and as mentioned above, SkyTrak should post the older version out there for us to try to see if it was indeed the update. Seems they don't even want to give us that option to help us that can't even use the thing. i'm going to try the dual wireless as mentioned earlier...just ordered another wifi adapter from amazon for 12 bucks, then I will try the direct mode, and use the other adapter for internet. For 12 bucks I figured it was worth the try.
Leave a comment: