We integrated the new SkyTrak SDK into the TGC for SkyTrak interface. You can download the updated version 1.45 here: tgcstupdate1.45.exe
This update is for TGC users only. Make sure the TGC for SkyTrak app is not running in the background when updating...
2.5.4 released
Collapse
X
-
Thanks peesh23. It seems that SkyTrak has been dancing around this issue. Their lack of response hasn't been impressive.
-
When the update originally came out I had only one occurance of a connection issue. It was the very first time I tried it after the update. When I rebotted everything and logged in via the changed connection instructions, I have had no issues at all. I am on PC only and Non USB. I have used the ST program and the TGC and have had no issues. Works everytime and I only had one miss-read (ball went about 50 yards right). I origianlly had a bunch of non reads but I had my ST unit raised about 3/4 ". When I lowered it, it works perfect. I will try the app on ipad later today.
Leave a comment:
-
I second jrz's comment... Since the upgrade I can no longer connect in network mode. I have tried resetting the unit several times (around 10-12) and each time it shows connected to the network (second light turns solid yellow) and then it never goes solid green across all three lights. It just sits there. The only way I can use my ST is in direct mode or with USB. If network mode is the most reliable way to use a sim like JNPG then I definitely want to use that method. I'm surprised more people aren't upset about this unless there is something specifically wrong with my unit??
-
So, you're saying that the firmware upgrade which broke the SDK is causing us to not be able to connect to the SkyTrak unit in network mode (with the ST app or sim partners)?
-
Seth we appreciate your efforts. We all know you can't please everyone so just focus on me!!! Lol
Joking of course... In all seriousness....Thank you for working to resolve this.
-
Sorry for the delay guys. We are an EXTREMELY small shop here and going through some transitions at the moment. We are, however, in the process of pulling someone in who can help me out on the forum. I gain so much insight from you guys, but understand that every time I "check in", it's at least 4-6 hours of solid work going through the threads plus my private messages (I get a ton!) So I have to very carefully weigh that vs the work I need to do in the software, helping support, working with sim partners, future planning, etc. I wish I could be on every day, but I'd never get anything done.
That said, these issues with v2.5.4 have to do with the firmware upgrade not playing nicely with the old SDK (which all of our sim partners are on). This was not anticipated and they are all working very hard to get up to speed. I will check in again with our partners to see where we stand.
Regarding the log-in issue, we found a bug there too and will be included in v2.6. I am working as hard as I can to get that out to you guys next week. I'm very sorry for the inconveniences here, and please know that I'm not avoiding or on silence...I'm working like crazy to get these issues resolved.
Leave a comment:
-
I like seth as much as the next guy but we are all super busy in our lives as well and still check this forum on a crazy basis (almost an unhealthy amount sometimes) and his business is the golf simulator world. It may not be him who does it everyday but I would be very surprised if all of these companies didnt have someone (or if not, should be) checking these online forums at least once on a daily basis. Im thinking hes probably just not allowed to release any info yet.
And if im wrong and they dont all check this very consistently, then they either dropping the ball on some very useful customer insight or most likely just checking it in the shadows without much response. This is definitely where Seth is one of the best and much appreciated in actually giving some real insight to what skytrak is doing. Im kinda surprised a lot of these other companies arent more active in the forums. I hear foresight lurks around here but not much response. But then again, the non business consumer doesnt seem to be their top priority.
Well I digress, basically Im just guessing he isnt allowed to talk yet.
I am now a GC2 guy the last month or so but still havent sold my skytrak yet. I am very interested in what they are coming out with next here and if it was possible they were able to make a poor mans HMT like thing with the skypro. I do feel for the annoying basic issues a lot of guys are having after the last update too, ive been there and that is infuriating, especially when it was working perfectly before the update.
Leave a comment:
-
Hopefully his absence is a sign he's working really hard to bring out the next patch or at least a hotfix...
Leave a comment:
-
come on seth, gives us the new version those apple guys always get the fun gadgets anyway!!
Leave a comment:
-
Repetive login issue resolved by a clean reinstall of sky trak software on PC. Works in direct mode have not tried yet with wifi/network mode yet.
Leave a comment:
-
Does one need to be in network mode in order to play the WGT sim? I'm thinking the answer is probably yes, so…I connect via my wifi/ipad, does this mean I am out of luck until the whole connecting in network mode issue gets resolved? I have yet to be able to connect in network mode since the update.
Leave a comment:
-
Also, if you have your skytrak to connect to your home network, you will probably need to reset it on the bottom to erase your settings. Otherwise it will continue to connect to your home network. When you have reset it, it will try to connect to network and then have top two lights red. At this point, you should be able to click on your wireless network adapter and see the skytrak as a network option. Connect to this using the extra wifi adapter and then you are good to go. You should be able to see the wireless adapters and available connections on the lower right of your PC window where the time shows.
-
Go to Amazon and search for "USB WIFI adapter". These are adapters you plug into a USB port on your computer. When you open up network connections, you will have 2 WIFI adapters installed. You can then set one to always connect to Skytrak (using direct mode). When in Direct mode, SKytrak shows up in your wireless network list to connect to. Then you set the other to connect to your home wireless. You can buy some with antennas that might "extend" your range. The one I bought has the same signal strength with my home wireless in the basement. Hope this helps.
Leave a comment: