Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Todd Morgan (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic. We are playing 2 rounds at Quarry Ridge Protee Pin 1: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile.
    Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q-School event in order for your tournament user profile to be created on golfsimulatortours.com .

TGC includes a SETTINGS file.

You can edit this file using the TGC Dashboard.
    Skytrak users have a shortcut icon installed on the Windows Desktop: SkyTrak TGC Settings.

Important: Make sure the server or any other interface program is not running.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dashboard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	89551

This settings file contains a section: [TGC Online].
    Here you find:

Shot Recording=OFF
    USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE

1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

2] Copy the USER ID.

3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	forumprofile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	89552

You will find the recordings on http://golfsimulatortours.com under your tour player profile.

• I read the instructions and watched any related YouTube video and still am not seeing my profile. I contacted Protee and they just asked if I had put my user ID in the config file which I did. I set my nickname in each place needed, turned on the setting in the config file and added the user id, entered my information in my forum profile, and I played 2 rounds of this past week's tour event in addition to other courses. I don't know what else I need to do.

Comment

• Ok I use a GC2 with GSX and the ProTee interface.

How do I turn on shot recordings?

Played some rounds in the online societies and I think my profile etc matches. But don't see any interfaces as shown above.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Just follow the steps on page 1. Takes like 3 minutes.

• SuperTimo
        SuperTimo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I got it done

• I looked through a few pages here and couldnt find the answer so sorry if I missed it. I had shot recording working on the original TGC and played in the tour. Now working to get it going on TGC 2019.

I turned shot recording on and have the user ID in profile and profile names agreeing in all areas and played a round.

Question is how long does it take for the account to show on the golf simulator tours 2019 site as I dont see the user showing?

Or do I need to play a Q school round or actual tournament round for the initial user to show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruefy View Post
        I looked through a few pages here and couldnt find the answer so sorry if I missed it. I had shot recording working on the original TGC and played in the tour. Now working to get it going on TGC 2019.

I turned shot recording on and have the user ID in profile and profile names agreeing in all areas and played a round.

Question is how long does it take for the account to show on the golf simulator tours 2019 site as I dont see the user showing?

Or do I need to play a Q school round or actual tournament round for the initial user to show up?
        You likely are running a super old interface making your shots show up on the old site. Just run the install for the interface the latest will install.
        My Courses:
        Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
        London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
        Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
        Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
        National GC of Canada RCR
        Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range Fictional
        The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

• I don’t believe my shots are being recorded. I just finished the John Deere Classic and nothing is showing up under “Recorded Shots” under my tour player here on the site. It used to work for me a few years back when I had TGC1. I did recently change my name in TGC 19 to match my forum name (Diablo25...was BakeMcBride). Maybe that is the issue? Any thoughts? Just want to get it straight. I am really enjoying playing the events.

Comment

• OK, so I turned on shot tracking copied my info into the profile here. Have played 2 full rounds of Q School, and I'm not seeing my shots show up online. I believe I've followed the instructions step by step. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• LSlipetz
              LSlipetz commented
              Editing a comment
              Disregard. Maybe it takes 12 hours or so? Just popped up on the site.

• 3on3putt
              3on3putt commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it's typically less than 30 minutes but I think the servers sometimes get slowed down.

• https://youtu.be/J7PEUqezQCs

Comment

Working...
            X