This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile.
    Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q-School event in order for your tournament user profile to be created on golfsimulatortours.com .

TGC includes a SETTINGS file.

You can edit this file using the TGC Dashboard.
    Skytrak users have a shortcut icon installed on the Windows Desktop: SkyTrak TGC Settings.

Important: Make sure the server or any other interface program is not running.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dashboard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	89551

This settings file contains a section: [TGC Online].
    Here you find:

Shot Recording=OFF
    USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE

1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

2] Copy the USER ID.

3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	forumprofile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	89552

You will find the recordings on http://golfsimulatortours.com under your tour player profile.

• I read the instructions and watched any related YouTube video and still am not seeing my profile. I contacted Protee and they just asked if I had put my user ID in the config file which I did. I set my nickname in each place needed, turned on the setting in the config file and added the user id, entered my information in my forum profile, and I played 2 rounds of this past week's tour event in addition to other courses. I don't know what else I need to do.

Comment

• Ok I use a GC2 with GSX and the ProTee interface.

How do I turn on shot recordings?

Played some rounds in the online societies and I think my profile etc matches. But don't see any interfaces as shown above.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Just follow the steps on page 1. Takes like 3 minutes.

• SuperTimo
        SuperTimo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I got it done

• I looked through a few pages here and couldnt find the answer so sorry if I missed it. I had shot recording working on the original TGC and played in the tour. Now working to get it going on TGC 2019.

I turned shot recording on and have the user ID in profile and profile names agreeing in all areas and played a round.

Question is how long does it take for the account to show on the golf simulator tours 2019 site as I dont see the user showing?

Or do I need to play a Q school round or actual tournament round for the initial user to show up?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruefy View Post
        I looked through a few pages here and couldnt find the answer so sorry if I missed it. I had shot recording working on the original TGC and played in the tour. Now working to get it going on TGC 2019.

I turned shot recording on and have the user ID in profile and profile names agreeing in all areas and played a round.

Question is how long does it take for the account to show on the golf simulator tours 2019 site as I dont see the user showing?

Or do I need to play a Q school round or actual tournament round for the initial user to show up?
        You likely are running a super old interface making your shots show up on the old site. Just run the install for the interface the latest will install.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

• I don’t believe my shots are being recorded. I just finished the John Deere Classic and nothing is showing up under “Recorded Shots” under my tour player here on the site. It used to work for me a few years back when I had TGC1. I did recently change my name in TGC 19 to match my forum name (Diablo25...was BakeMcBride). Maybe that is the issue? Any thoughts? Just want to get it straight. I am really enjoying playing the events.

Comment

• OK, so I turned on shot tracking copied my info into the profile here. Have played 2 full rounds of Q School, and I'm not seeing my shots show up online. I believe I've followed the instructions step by step. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• LSlipetz
              LSlipetz commented
              Editing a comment
              Disregard. Maybe it takes 12 hours or so? Just popped up on the site.

• 3on3putt
              3on3putt commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it's typically less than 30 minutes but I think the servers sometimes get slowed down.

• Comment

• Thanks to all who have posted solutions/ideas. I followed all setup, and it successfully recognized my rounds at the Q-School event, but it doesn't have any shot data associated, jut the final scores. Is this what I should expect? Or am I still missing something?

Comment

• 3on3putt
                3on3putt commented
                Editing a comment
                Click on your name in the results. That will bring up your player profile. From there, scroll down and click on "recorded tour shots." That's where you will find all of your shot-by-shot data.

• George Casey
                George Casey commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks 3on3putt - there is no shot data there, just the event data:

• Disregard - Dupe
              Last edited by George Casey; 12-07-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Hello all -- I played my first Q-School round a few hours ago but don't see any shot recordings or my username posted on the TGCtours page [Edit: golfsimulatortours.com page]. From within the game I can see myself on the standings (very very low in the standings!) , but I'm not seeing my name anywhere else. Could it take longer than a few hours to update? I think I have the TGC profile settings updated correctly and shot recording is on... can anyone see what is going wrong? The username I'm using in game and here is the same. Thanks.
                Last edited by myrison; 01-05-2021, 03:56 AM. Reason: Fixing reference to mention golfsimulatortours.com. Previous post was incorrect.

Comment

• FirGir
                  FirGir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry, I read this as golfsimulatortours.com page, not TGCTours. Deleting response
                  Last edited by FirGir; 01-05-2021, 02:46 AM. Reason: Deleting response relating to golfsimulatortours.com process I had to go through.

• myrison
                  myrison commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually it was me that made the mistake. I wasn’t looking on TGCtours but in the golfsimulatortours.com. Your response was helpful and I’ve contacted Protee to create my profile. Thank you!

• I can see my tgc2019 shot data on the tour site, but don't have the export option. I see it on the tgc 1 site. Can you not export shot data for tgc2019? Thanks!

Comment

• FirGir
                  FirGir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here's the response I got from ProTee Support when I asked this question on the 29th:
                  ProTee Support, Dec 29, 2020, 12:56 GMT+1:
                  Hi, I'm sorry but this feature has been removed due to people abusing the website and the shotdata. Thank you

They then went on to say:
                  ProTee Support, Dec 29, 2020, 15:59 GMT+1:
                  You should be able to exports data from Skytrak range app for PC. There is also some sort of recording with SkyGolf online. Contact SkyTrak for more information.

• Originally posted by myrison View Post
                Hello all -- I played my first Q-School round a few hours ago but don't see any shot recordings or my username posted on the TGCtours page [Edit: golfsimulatortours.com page]. From within the game I can see myself on the standings (very very low in the standings!) , but I'm not seeing my name anywhere else. Could it take longer than a few hours to update? I think I have the TGC profile settings updated correctly and shot recording is on... can anyone see what is going wrong? The username I'm using in game and here is the same. Thanks.
                Quoting myself above so others can hopefully find this in the future... ProTee Support replied to me that a new profile is not created until after the entire event is completed, (not just a few shots, and not even an entire round). I hadn't seen this from scrolling through the thread, so it could be this changed or I missed it, but in any case, I'm posting it again so others can see that in the future as well.

Comment

• Can’t seem to find myself on golfsimulatortours.com, so not sure what I got wrong with that.

Comment

• 3on3putt
                    3on3putt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What's your screen name in the game?

• T_Fet
                    T_Fet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    T_Fet same as my username here.

• Found answer as soon as typed reply so deleted
                  Last edited by 777Driver; 02-25-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• I still, for the life of me, cannot get this to work. I've only played 5 tournaments on TGC1, with my SkyTrak, but never Q-School. My name on TGC is Adam Prince. I have my Nickname on this forum set to that, as well as setting the long User-ID from my settings file. ShotRec is turned 'ON', and my settings are within spec. I'm at a loss as to why my SR still shows a red 'X' next to all my rounds.

Comment

• 3on3putt
                      3on3putt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Try completing a q-school event (both rounds). I believe you have to play one to establish a tour handicap. I could be wrong in this and someone may correct me on it, but I think I recall some sort of tie in between q-school and your tour handicap.
                  Working...
                  X