This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn on SHOT RECORDING

Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile.
    Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q-School event in order for your tournament user profile to be created on golfsimulatortours.com .

TGC includes a SETTINGS file.

You can edit this file using the TGC Dashboard.
    Skytrak users have a shortcut icon installed on the Windows Desktop: SkyTrak TGC Settings.

Important: Make sure the server or any other interface program is not running.

Click image for larger version  Name:	dashboard.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	89551

This settings file contains a section: [TGC Online].
    Here you find:

Shot Recording=OFF
    USER ID=<YOUR USER ID> eg. AAAA-1234-CCCC-5678-EEEE

1] Turn on Shot Recording by changing Shot Recording=OFF to Shot Recording=ON. Save the file.

2] Copy the USER ID.

3] Edit your Forum user profile and paste the USER ID in the field: TGC User ID.

4] Edit the field TGC Nickname in your forum user profile. Make sure its EXACTLY the same as the nickname you use in TGC (case sensitive).

5] Save you forum profile and hit a couple of test shots on a random course.

Click image for larger version  Name:	forumprofile.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	89552

You will find the recordings on http://golfsimulatortours.com under your tour player profile.

Originally posted by WalksAus View Post

I was in the same boat and I have worked out that every time I close my comutor down the TGC skytrak settings file puts my name back from Walks to my full name that I used to purchase it. I changed it several times now and it always defaults back so I have identified this as the cause. If I update it prior to playing every time it works.

protee do you have a solution for this? Also on the Tour it lists me as American and not an Aussie.
    Thanks for the tip.....I checked my settings file again and it had my full name in there. I must have forgot to save the file the first time I changed it. It seems to be tracking my shots now. I wonder if I have to replay the first round of q-school since it didn't record any of those shots.

Comment

The name in your settings file is your registration name and can not be changed.

You need to change your name in TGC (edit player). Then make sure this name (in TGC using edit player) + the user ID you find in the settings file go into your forum profile.

Change your name in TGC (edit player) BEFORE you play any tours/events and stick with it. It can not be changed during an event.

You need to play at least 1 round (Q-School or Live Event) before your name gets listed and before shot recording will work.

When you're listed and shot recording work we can change your flag.

Comment

I have got everything set up right but still can't change my country as it seems to default to USA. I am using Skytrak. Help needed to fix the issue.

Comment

ProTee United I am having issues getting my shot recording on. I tried to follow everything as best I could, but I still dont see my name on the tour player list to verify shot recording is on

Comment

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            Our helpdesk replied to this. You need to play a tour round or q-school first in order for your tour account to be created.

• sturonek
            sturonek commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Protee for the very quick response! ***NOTE to anyone trying to join***** The directions above were a little confusing because it said "5] Save you forum profile and HIT A COUPLE SHOTS ON A RANDOM COURSE". I played a random course, but shots were not showing up. Per the response from Protee, you need to play either Q school or a tour round for your account to even get created.

I decided to join the tour and play a few holes of q school today. I turned in shot recording but I don’t see my nickname under your players to check it I have any recorded shots. Any suggestions on what to check?

thanks in advance.

Comment

• CDeGuzman
            CDeGuzman commented
            Editing a comment
            I just saw this on one of the posts above...

"You need to play at least 1 round (Q-School or Live Event) before your name gets listed and before shot recording will work."

Sounds like i have to complete 1 round before my name gets listed.

Is this true? I read in the first post "... hit a couple of test shots on a random course..."

Look yourself up in the tour site and click recorded shots.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• CDeGuzman
            CDeGuzman commented
            Editing a comment
            I checked here http://golfsimulatortours.com/tour-players.php
            and didn't see my user.

Just to make everything the same, i have registered a new username in this forum to match my TGC nickname. and added the User ID and TGC Nickname to the new forum user settings. I will try to play a few holes again later.

I just wanted to confirm whether i have to play an entire round as quoted in one of the comments or a few shots is ok per the initial post on this thread.

Thanks!

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            You only need one shot if its on.

You need to play at least 1 event round (Q-School for example) for your account to be created. This is an automated process. After that your shots will be logged.

Comment

Hey! I must just be missing something.
            I changed it to ON and updated my forum profile.
            I played a round at Pinehurst but I can find myself on the tour page

Comment

You need to play at least 1 tour round (or Q-School round) for your tour account to be created by the system.

Comment

So I just played around at Bethpage and i still can’t find myself. 😣 i can’t be that retarded

Comment

I just played the actual q school Bethpage in tournaments section but i still can’t find myself on the tour page. What am I missing

Comment

We needed to go through a lot of logs to figure this one out. Couple of things.

1. You played Bethpage not as an official Q-School event, but as "normal" course play. When playing a tournament (including Q-School) in TGC you click PLAY->PLAY TOURNAMENT goto ALL TOURNAMENTS set the filter PUBLIC COMPETITIONS and you will find Q-School on page 2 and 3.

2. Your shots are coming in under your full name (left that out for privacy reasons), while your forum profile (TGC Nickname) says "Paazy". If you want to use Paazy, change your nickname in TGC. Goto PLAY-> PLAY COURSE ( or TOURNAMENT ) and click on EDIT PLAYER. Change your name to Paazy (this is case sensitive so use the capital P).

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Ok Thank you, and if I wanna use my full name I just change that in my forum profile and I’m good to go?

Comment

• ProTee United
                        ProTee United commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As long as you make sure the playername (nickname) you set in TGC matches the TGC nickname you set in your forum profile. This will make shot recording work. BUT you still need to play 1 live event or q-school round to activate your account.

Ok. Last time, I changed everything to “Paazy”
                      just finished my first round at a school.
                      How long does it take to show up on tour players?

Comment

Nailed it! Sorry for all the trouble guys.
                        Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X